43

The keys jingled in her hand, beep of the car locking twice behind her. She stood outside the doors of a bar, straightening her blazer and fixing the whips of dark hair that laid thinly over her eyebrows. Her lips drew into her mouth, for a moment feeling immense nervous punch her chest.

Her eyes rolled shut while she stood stiff, one arm dangled by her side while the other gripped tightly onto her purse. In mind she replayed her appearance, a pristine ironed midnight black blouse and tight pencil skirt in the same color. It hugged sound her waist and showed of her hips. Her legs were covered with skin colored tights and feet concealed with dark heals that went well with the jewelry dangling from her ears.

Her hair was long, down to mid back, waved and curled with long curtain bangs framing her thin, sharp, pale face. Her lips were tinted red, rich and deep in hue, and eyes muted gray.

While letting go of her breath, her eyes re opened and out her arm reached for the door.

The bell above head jingled as she walked in, heals clicking against the ground.

She peeped her head in and around, looking from corner to corner for a familiar face.

Then, she saw him, eyes instantly glassing in crystal sparkles and pure flushed pink spreading to her youthful cheeks. A smile that was recognizable from miles away, her front teeth poking out behind her lips while her head angled down, cat eyes squinting nearly shut.

"There's my girl!"
She heard the deep voice call for her, so enthusiastic for her presence.

"Minsoo." She bowed as she approached the bar, towards the man who had his arms wide open, quickly drowning out the people he was celebrating with.

"Everyone." He rose his glass high in the air, arm snuggly wrapping around her petit waist and tugging her nearly on to his lap. "This is my fiancé Naeun Jang, soon to be Naeun Choi." He smirked through the last thing said, brining the champagne to his lips and taking a long sip.

Her eyes continued to smile as she looked to the people gathered near, bowing to each as they did to her.

"Finally you let us meet the lovely woman soon to be" a man approached closer and as he did she felt the grip of her man becoming firmer. Although he was laughing quite loudly so she figured the guy before them was not a threat.

"Well Shin, as you can see my lovely soon to be wife is so gorgeous." He smiled and looked up to her, she was now fully seated against his leg and so she looked down, feeling as his nose nuzzled against hers. "I couldn't risk anyone such as yourself trying to steal her from me." He's totally drunk right now. Cute. She thought, giggling as their lips lightly touched.

As the party continued the more her and him faded in the background. The party was for himself and yet he paid no mind to any of it expect for her.

He always had done this for her. His eyes were only ever for her, only saved seats at every dinner party just for her, always walked slower than the group to stay beside her, was always the one to put her to bed or get on one knee beneath her just to kiss her hand.

And as for herself, the swirling butterflies only appeared when he was around and only when he was present would her heart change in beat.

"One day my love." He spoke so quiet and deep, yet childlike and dreamy at the same time.

"I will buy this bar just for you, and we will have riches to support any life style you choose. All the finest dresses, and only the finest schools for our future children."

To this, more innocent laughter escaped her. Her head shook slow while her palms delicately rested against his cheeks. "I do not need riches to be happy."