Chap. Five: Fall Before Me

"Damn him... Upon the rotten thrones of Celestia, I will rip his head off and feed it to Xue and Hua once I get out of here," Ranfa grumbled as she stood in the middle of the splintered wooden floor, the Geo shield staring mockingly back. "I can't just stand around... If what that soldier said is correct, then Alatus is out there fighting for the Evil God," she muttered, inspecting the shield for any subtle sign of weakness. She cursed under her breath in irritation all the way, describing in explicit detail just how much shit her brother, Alatus, and the Evil God were going to be in once she got her hands on them.

    Straightening up, she let out a heavy sigh. "This will take a while... but I have no choice." Curse you, brother. For a so-called God of War, you're much too proficient in the art of defense, she thought to herself.

    Closing her eyes, she lifted her hand to her lips, her index and middle fingers pointed up with the rest curled into her palm.

    Thou who seeketh power of the heav'ns

    First command the earth onto which thou stands.

    Thou whose blood runs with that of the ground's lifeblood.

    Give thyself to thy mother.

    Her lips reverently shaped every word that escaped her mouth in a whisper, glowing Geo Sigils slowly forming out of particulate Geo energy. One by one, each sliding into place beside their predecessor, the Sigils began to build a dome within the barrier. Her voice flowed as steadily as the Geo that she commanded, the minutes slipping by like grains of sand, the repeated chants given unique melodies as she manipulated the Geo Sigils into their rightful places. Slowly, the entire inside of the barrier was covered by the earthen energy, and every additional Sigil applied pressure to it. With the slowness of water freezing within cliff fissures, alongside the overwhelming force that can split cliff faces in two, the barrier containing Ranfa began to splinter.

    It was finally time.

    "Thou who dare defy the daughter of Geo, find thyself broken and scatter as dust in the wind!" Ranfa commanded, slashing the air diagonally with her fingers. Following her movements, a razor-sharp crescent of pure Geo energy formed where her fingers left behind and shot forward. With an ear-splitting smash, the barrier surrounding her shattered into thousands of splinters.

    "Xue, Hua, please wait for just a little while longer... I can't afford to wait any longer," Ranfa murmured an apology to her familiars, the mention of their names sending her words to them. "Now, time to rain hell upon the heads of those moronic imbeciles," she uttered darkly, her eyes narrowed into an acidic glare as her body disappeared into blood-red crystal petals.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

    "Lady Ranfa, you've come?!" Ganyu squeaked, jumping as Ranfa materialized beside her.

    "Natlan would freeze over before I abandon my people," Ranfa replied gravely, flicking her fingers towards a group of wounded soldiers and forming a healing barrier over them. "Ganyu, a report."

    "Yes, my lady," Ganyu said, her shoulders squaring as she entered business mode. "Lady Guizhong has lured the Evil God into the gorge to the northwest in order to keep her away from our forces. Teacher and Streetward Rambler are engaged in battle against the enemy Yaksha, and Lord Morax has pursued Lady Guizhong in order to give her support."

    "The Evil God has evaded our grasp for months... Just those two alone can't put an end to her without repercussions, especially without the appropriate preparations. Damn it, all of our plans are for nothing because of that accursed god!" Ranfa hissed, raking her hand roughly through her hair.