Henry

6:10 am

The tram tour continued. The next country was Brazil. Then they went through a few more South American countries. Then it went to the United Kingdom. As the ride continued, more and more people got off the tram. Nora, June, Alex, and Henry didn't feel like getting off.

The ride came to a halt exactly at sixty minutes. "Welcome back, passengers," the conductor said. "The doors are now opening. You can find more tours outside. Enjoy the rest of your day here at the Around the World Center."

There was a soft beep noise. The tram doors opened. Alex's head was still rested on Henry's shoulder. The remaining passengers climbed off the tram. Amy and Cash got off the tram before the White House trio plus Henry did.

"Oh my gosh," June said. "Wanna know who made a reaction tweet?"

"Who?" Alex asked.

"Jeffery freaking Richards," June said.

"No way," Nora responded.

"On a scale from zero to a Twitter feed, how offensive is it?" Alex asked.

"It's not too overtly offensive," June said. "He at least acknowledges the screwed up nature of the leak. However, he didn't say that you deserve it, but he didn't exactly not say that. It's just vague enough to be deniable."

"Typical," Alex said. "Let's not waist time on him. What's next on the agenda?"

"You tell us," June said. "It's your day."

"I haven't put much thought into what I wanted to do," Alex said. Henry's phone vibrated. He was getting a call from his grandma.

"It's from my grant," Henry said. "I have to take this. You guys decide without me."

Henry found a part of the room that didn't have a lot of people. He answered the phone call. He thought for a moment. It'd be around ten in the morning in the UK. "Good morning, gran," Henry said.

"Hello," Queen Mary said. "Where are you? It sounds very loud on your end."

"I'm at the Around the World center with Alex, Nora, and June," Henry explained. "You remember June and Nora, right?"

"Oh, yes," Queen Mary said. "Your fake girlfriend."

Henry grimaced at that memory. "Well, I hope you at least brought some security with you," Queen Mary said.

"We did," Henry responded.

"Beatrice and Catherine have said you haven't been answering your phone," Mary explained.

"Sorry," Henry said. "I've been quite preoccupied. I'm sure you've heard the news."

"Yes," Mary responded. "That's actually what I wanted to call you about. When do you plan to move back to Britain?"

That took Henry back completely. When he saw her contact, he hoped maybe she'd be offering her sympathy to the Claremont-Diaz family, and her own grandson. However, this was the last thing he expected. "What?" Henry asked.

"Well, after Alex's funeral, you have no reason to stay in America," Mary said.

"I have my work here," Henry argued.

"Your more important duty is to the crown," Mary corrected. "You're in the line of succession."

"There's no way I'm going to ascend to the thrown," Henry said. "Several people are in front of me. Even Phil and Martha's unborn child is in front me."

"I understand you're upset, but you're still needed here more than over there," Queen Mary said. "Maybe take this as a sign-"

"What kind of sign?" Henry asked.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me," Mary snapped.

"No," Henry said. "Explain to me about how the man I love is a sign? A sign to what? To going back to being a pawn that you can control. That's the real reason you want me back in the palace, right?"

Henry was crying now. This was going to be everywhere. "Henry, just listen to me," Mary said.

"I'll listen to you tomorrow," Henry stated. "Right now, the love of my life is dying, and I'm going to spend every second with him. I can't deal with you right now."

Henry hung up the phone. Henry took a deep breath. He then went to find his group. which didn't take long. "We're going to get breakfast," June explained. "There's a Waffle House near here."

"Sounds great," Henry sighed.

Alex turned to face Henry completely. "You okay, baby?" Alex asked.

Alex doesn't need to be burdened with your issues today. "Yeah," Henry said. "I'm fine."

"Baby," Alex started.

"I just had a fight with my grandmother," Henry admitted.

"Tell me when we get to the Waffle House," Alex said. "Everything is better with waffles."

"I've never been to Waffle House," Henry said.

"Well, then today is filled with firsts," Alex said. And last.