Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Adam’s POV

Is this the feeling of pure bliss? If not I don’t care. I’m happy and I can’t seem to wipe off the smile on my face. I consider this day as a VERY VERY GOOD DAY. I mean even the people in heaven is giving me all the help I need for me to have a decent conversation with Scarlett!

I feel like a stud all of a sudden. I even got to witness Scarlett blush! It is because of me, right? I mean if not me then it must be the…..delivery guy? No way. I’ve seen Scarlett react when the delivery guy gave her a wink and it was obvious that she didn’t like the guy eyeing her like that AT ALL.

Oh God help me. I can’t stop replaying the moments when I was so close to her. When she whispered in my ear, when I had to hold on to her when she drove her bike like a madman and when she complimented me on my cooking. Sigh….I can die a happy man now.

What DIE!? Sorry. My mistake. I can’t die now. I’m only getting started on how we’ll end up being as a couple. And since I’m clueless to things like this it may take a while. I wonder if she had relationships before? I’m sure she has. A beauty like her is bound to attract all the guys. Even though 80% in my head is thinking that she HAD relationships before I’m hoping that the 20% will win. I hope that the 20% is will win so that I’ll be her first boyfriend.

Pfft. Wow. I’m sounding cocky all of a sudden.

It’s fine to have a bit of confidence, right? I mean without it I might really be doomed. Be cocky I must be! For this is the path that I shall grab hold of Scarlett’s heart!

Just as I was to daydream a little more about Scarlett someone sprays me with whip cream on my face.

“Ha ha ha. Very funny Jason.”  I say to the prick in front of me.

Jason just gives me a goofy grin and adds a cherry to my whip creamed face.

“Hey, lay off man. I’m bored. Why the hell are you smiling like you just won the lottery?” he asks

Now it’s my turn to grin like an idiot. “Believe me, this is much bigger than the lottery.” I tell him.

His eyes go wide and he looks around to see if anyone is listening. Then he says in a hushed tone “Don’t tell me that you were able to crack all the codes to the porn sites Matt gave us!??”

Typical Jason.

I punch him in the head harder than necessary to knock some sense into him and he curses.

“What the hell man!? What was that for!?” he yells

I look at him and I begin to wonder how I was able to be friends with this monkey. I give up because it’s hard to process how I’ve met him. I mean when we were in elementary Jason wasn’t a lustful monkey he was now. This was the guy who liked telling jokes when we were kids but now..he bangs on every girl he meets. I’m surprised he doesn’t have some kind of sexual disease yet.

“Listen you bonehead. How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t  do stuff like porn.”

He snorts and says “Dude, you’re a guy. It’s okay to admit it. Unless your gay?”

I punch him and after he winces from the pain I say “I’m not gay. How can I be gay when I’m interested in a girl?”

“You serious? I thought you were kidding at the cafeteria! WOW. Adam Walter finally likes someone. And here I thought you were gay all this time.”

“I’m not gay for the hundredth time.”

“Chill man! No need to get defensive! I’m only kidding. “ he says.

He nudges me on the arm and continues to say “So, mind telling me who the lucky girl is?”

I smile and say “Scarlett Bernard. The new girl in school”

His smile falters. “Your kidding, right?”

“No.”

“Shit man, are you serious!?”

“Yeah I mean, what’s not to like?”

He laughs and turns to me. “I agree with you with the >what’s not to like< part. She’s hot bro but have you seen her fight the other day?” he asks me and I nod. He continues “Then you should get away from her. A chick like that can only bring you problems.”

Okay, now he’s annoying me. “What do you mean by a chick like her!?”

“Cool down bro! All I’m saying is your better off avoiding a girl like her. She can fight dude! You’ll never know what she’s capable of. One day your having a great day and one second she might rip your head apart. Why don’t you just find a girl that DOESN’T know how to fight?” he suggests.

“No way man. I like her. No one else but her can make me intrigued about her.”

He pats me on the shoulder. “Well then, I’ll prepare your grave for you ‘cause I know that this is bound to be messy.”

He heads up to my room and I can’t believe that he just said that. So instead I’ll tell you on how he got in my house.

I was in cloud nine when I got out of Scarlett’s apartment and just as I was about to make a left turn to go home I heard someone yelling my name.

It was none other than Jason. Jason who was being chased by a very scary looking father with a shotgun in his hands. Luckily for him, I heard him screaming my name and he was able to get into my car in time  just as the very scary looking father was about to shoot him, aiming for his head.

Apparently he was with a girl he met at a club. The girl brought him to her house and she didn’t know that her dad would be there the next morning so when Jason was about to sneak out of the window the door opened and the father of the girl saw Jason then all hell broke loose.

See? I have such great friends. Well my friends are..assholes but even though they are assholes I know I can count on them.

But I’m not letting Jason’s “comment” about Scarlett stop me from pursuing her. Sure she may be a badass and all that shit but I know there’s something about her that makes me want to get close to her. I like her and I don’t care if she’ll be able to kick my ass or not.

I open the drawer in the kitchen and I spot the food coloring. The food coloring we have is yellow, orange, green and pink. Perfect. I head to my room and let’s just say that when Jason wakes up from sleeping he’ll notice that his hair will be similar to a rainbow.

Best part of this prank of mine? The food coloring will go away in 3 days. Now, this will teach him not to put whip cream all over me and ofcourse to punish him by saying rude stuff about Scarlett.

Now it’s time to get started with Jason’s  shaggy hair.