1.

The sound of the drums hits your ears, bringing you out of your trance and miserable thoughts. While everyone in your city waited all year for this day, you dreaded it with all of your existence.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

You hear everyone chant this again and again until you just head back inside to ignore anyone who could possibly greet you.

«-------°• AT HOME •°-------»

FATHER : Happy New Year, my child

FATHER :
Happy New Year, my child.

The smile on his was fond but it only made you more mad.

Y/N :
What's so happy about this year, Father? That we're all going to die?

Your father doesn't tense up at your words, instead he pats your head.

FATHER :
Or maybe that we'll finally live.

You stare at him in disbelief, even when the circumstances were at their worst, he wasn't leaving his optimism.

FATHER :
Actually, it's good that you're spending time with your old man right now. I have been meaning to talk to you.

When you don't object, he continues.

FATHER :
Both of us know what's ahead of us and I...I don't think I'll be able to go peacefully until I know that you're save.

Your eyes start stinging at the mention of his fate that's inevitable.

Y/N :
Father, please...

FATHER :
No, Y/N. Listen. I can barely walk, I won't come back alive and both of us know it. While that can't be avoided, leaving you behind in danger can. What do you think of Jimin?

Your eyes sparkles at the mention of the name of your best friend but only because he's the only good thing about this city besides your father.

Y/N :
What are you suggesting, Father?

FATHER :
I think you should marry Jimin, Y/N?

[ Time Skipped ]