8.

You were sitting there feeling numb all over, how was any of this possible? When you heard sniffle beside you, your mind went back to the moment half an hour ago.

The moment Jimin breathed his last breath in your lap, when all life left his body and no amount of your begging could bring him back.

You cried, screamed, begged, just for him to open his eyes and come back to life but he didn't. Your best friend was no more, he was brutally murdered.

The image of his lifeless face was not leaving your memory anytime soon. You will never forget nor forgive whoever was responsible for this. You won't ley Jimin's sacrifice go to waste, you just won't allow it.

NAMJOON :
Did you find out what happened?

He asked Sejin who entered the room with heavy sighs.

SEJIN :
Jungkook...he's not from the Jeon household. We had a traitor among us all this time and none of us even knew it.

You body stiffened at the mention of his name but you refused to cry, you won't cry for a man like him.

NAMJOON :
Is he one of King's men?

What came next out of Sejin's mouth shocked everyone in the room.

SEJIN :
He's the crown prince.

Taehyung angrily punched the table while you stayed still, how was such a strong betrayal not making you cry? Probably because Jimin's loss surpassed everything else.

NAMJOON :
Why did he attack Jimin?

You looked up at Sejin, suddenly interested in why he decided to give you this grief when he claimed he was in love with you.

SEJIN :
The King's passing on his crown to Jungkook today. King's men came to take Jungkook for the coronation ceremony. I'm suspecting Jimin was just at the wrong place at the wrong time, he probably saw them leaving and King's men had to kill him to silence him. The word got out anyway.

You hold the armrest so tightly that your hand goes white, they really killed your best friend for such a trivial reason.

NAMJOON :
This is trouble. He knows all of our strategies, all of our plans. No matter how we attack, we are gonna lose because they'll be prepared beforehand. I...I failed all of you.

He was on the verge of tears, all his efforts were about to go waste right infront of his eyes. All because they failed to do a proper background check, this was going to cost them their freedom for the next 100 years.

SEJIN :
should we call it off?

Y/N :
No! we are not letting Jimin's sacrifice go to waste just like that. We'll go today and we'll come back with a victory.

NAMJOON :
But we are going to get all our people killed, Y/N.

He was so distressed, his voice was cracking.

Y/N :
Isn't it considered treason to try to hurt your Queen?

Everyone in the room was certain you had lost your mind because why else would you be saying any of this?

SEJIN :
Y/N, we understand that you are having a hard time but it's really not the time to-

NAMJOON :
Let her speak. Yes, it's considered treason, why?