CHAPTER THREE

Alexa's P.OV.

I don't even know why I'm surprised the party turned out this way.

With Mattheo and parties there are two possibilities, he either makes them better than they are or completely ruins them.

I end up going to the black lake to get some air. Potter is sitting by the lake, I sigh and walk towards the lake, sitting down by the lake a little bit away from him.

His nose is bleeding, but he doesn't look like he's in pain.

"Hey, you okay?" He looks over at me.

"I'm fine." I mutter and hand him one of the bottles of vodka I took from the party. "Here, you look like you need it."

"Thanks." He nods and opens it, taking a sip. "Are you sure you're okay? You look stressed."

"I'm perfectly fine Potter, thank you." I say

He shrugs, "just asking."

"Are you okay?" I ask. "Your nose is bleeding."

"I'm fine." He says.

"Right." I mutter.

I look over at him. "Look, I'm sorry about what Mattheo did at the party, it was totally uncalled for, I should have stepped in sooner."

"It's fine." He says.

"No it's not, it was really wrong and I'm also sorry for being rude to you earlier."

"Why are you apologizing?" He asks.

"I just felt bad." I say. "I've been nothing but mean to you for the past five years."

"Alexandra Riddle feels bad?" Potter chuckles. "Are we in an alternative universe?"

I laugh. "Maybe."

"Okay seriously what's wrong with you?" He asks. "This is the first time you've ever been nice to me."

"I don't know, I just felt like being nice for once." I shrug.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah." I say.

He looks up at me, by now he's drunk half of the bottle, his gaze meets mine and that's when I notice how wonderful his eyes look.

I've heard people saying that he has his mother's eyes over the years, but I've never paid attention to them.

They have a green hazel-ish color, they look stunning, I could literally get lost staring at them for hours.

He says something but I don't hear it.

"Huh?"

"You're beautiful." He says.

"Oh," I mutter, "thanks, I guess. You're um, you're not so bad yourself."

He nods. "Thanks."

"Of course."

Before I can even process the fact that he just called me beautiful he leans in and kisses me.

I kiss him back, kind of surprised.

He pulls away. "I-I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking." He mutters.

I lean in and kiss him again.

As our lips touch I can sense the taste of vodka in his mouth.

He deepens the kiss.

I pull away.

I don't even know what to feel right now, I've never thought about kissing any Gryffindor, especially not Potter.

"I need to go." I say and get up.