An involuntary escape

The day before, in front of Hozer's bar.

- “How dare he kiss that son of a bitch?!

The individual was still watching through the bar window.

- “Damn, that bastard will manage to sleep with him! I have to get him back, he’s mine!”

The next morning, somewhere in Liveta.

- “Why, did I run away...?”

Ian was wandering the streets of Liveta while torturing his mind. He remembered the hot night he spent with Van, it was painful but incredibly good. He will never be able to forget this moment. Seeing Van excited and making love to him intensely had turned him on a lot. He blushed at the thought.
But Ian tried to find the reason by telling himself that loving Ian is dangerous. Indeed, Ian remains a gray escaped from a medical center. He tells himself that Van will find the reason and he will see in him a non-citizen who has committed a serious crime. For Ian, Van will be forced to condemn him as Liveta's number 2.

This thought made him cry because he loved Van desperately. The hot night he spent with him confirmed his feelings: he loves Van. Ian remembered becoming overjoyed and very excited when Van told him he loved it. He believes it but for Ian, their difference will take over, it's inevitable.

Van can also lose his place and suffer Alex's anger because of him. No, he can't tolerate it. So, to protect Van and Hozer, Ian must run away now. He no longer felt able to return to Hozer and especially see Van again because if he sees him again, he will fall in love with him even more and he would no longer dare to leave him despite all the risks that this entails.

Faced with his thoughts, Ian's heart was broken, so he continued to wander the streets of Liveta as if walking would be enough to find a solution to his problem. After a while, Ian realized that he was near the dump. He knew it was a dangerous place so why did he go there? Was it an unconscious act?

Ian no longer had time to think further because a hand was placed violently on his mouth by an individual who grabbed him from behind. He couldn't move and scream. Ian wondered who could do this? Was it a desperate gray and condemned to live on the street to rob him or a citizen to assault him for pleasure?

He had the answer to his questions when he heard his attacker's voice:

- 'It's not raining today, then we can have fun..."

Faced with these words, Ian was completely terrified. He recognized the voice.
Ian began to think of the man he loves reflexively and he had no idea that at the same time, his love was bruised by his hasty departure. He regretted it.
Ian had one last thought before losing consciousness. He prayed that Van would come and save him from his tormentor.

*

This is the first time Van didn't answer the phone. Yet he is a hard worker who takes his work seriously but today he did not want to answer.
His lover left crying and shaking after their first night of making love. Van was determined to stay at the bar to wait for Ian.

He would have gone to buy potatoes while the kitchen is full of them.
He was annoyed that Ian had pretended to go shopping to avoid him.
Despite everything, he decided to wait for Ian. He tells himself that he will eventually arrive at one point or another.

But Van didn't know Ian was in danger. Once again, Van was bringing everything back to him and he was starting to lose his patience. For him, Ian couldn't run away and he had to stay close to him... - “Here, have your coffee and go back to work! You can’t stay here like this, you’ll scare away my customers!” Van looked wearily at the cup of coffee placed by his grandfather and then suddenly threw it on the ground, out of unexpected anger. Which startled the three unfortunate customers of the bar who wanted to have their breakfast in peace.

- “Van, you're crazy! Why did you do that?! Imagine if Ian would have come at the same time, he would have gotten scared and you would have scared him away for good!”

His grandson looked at him coldly when he said his last sentence.

- “Do you really think Ian ran away because of me?!” he said to his grandfather in an icy tone.

Hozer was surprised by Van's attitude. It was the first time he had seen him like this, angry and desperate. 

-“Van, listen to me…” but he stops abruptly because reasoning with him might annoy him more.

Van, still sitting, had placed his face in his hands as if it could support the weight of his dark thoughts. The handsome silver-haired man's thoughts grew darker and darker. He mixed everything and anything. Everything had become confused with this extremely jealous and possessive man.
Their first relationship, his love confession, alcohol and the stress linked to his work reinforced the paranoia in this man. However, one of Van's qualities is knowing how to keep the situation under control even if it is stressful. But here, that is no longer the case. When it came to Ian, Van becomes vulnerable, protective, jealous, possessive and crazy... He then began to think that maybe Ian had found another man.

He remembered a regular customer at the bar who liked to chat with Ian. He even remembered that the customer had brushed Ian's hand when he gave him his order of fries. And suddenly this anecdote clicked in Van's head :  Yohan. Ian adored Yohan and vice versa. Yohan is also a gray like him and he deliberately touched Ian's hand when he took his order of fries. At this thought, Van became mad with rage. He suddenly picked up his phone:

- “Yohan where are you?!”

Van, too preoccupied with knowing where Ian was, didn't notice that Alex tried to contact him several times.