𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

"Why don't you go to the beach?" Those words seem harmless

"Why don't you go to the beach?" Those words seem harmless. Because they were, at least during the time they were said.

The Linnet family had been with the Baudelaires that day, so that meant Coraline could hang out with her friends.

"The beach? I mean sure, but won't you come with us?" Coraline furrowed her eyebrows. Anytime they went to the beach they all usually came along.

The adults looked around, "We have some stuff to do today," Coraline's mom, Lilith, got down on her knee, facing her daughter. "We'll be okay. If we have enough time today, we'll come to you. Just enjoy your time with the Baudelaires', okay?"

Coraline sadly nods. She liked being with her friends, but something in her gut kept kicking. She pushed that feeling aside and walked back to the Baudelaires', putting on a smile.

"Do we have everything?" She asked. Violet gave a nod.

"Yup, my invention should be working perfectly." Violet holds up her picnic basket. She made an invention a while ago, and found this was the perfect opportunity to try it out.

Coraline smiles. "Well, everything you make is practically perfect."

"Not true, remember the typewriter toaster?"

She laughed. "It blew up in my face, how could I forget?!"

"What's so funny?" Klaus walked in, Sunny in his hand. He had a smile when he walked in, Coraline always found his smile nice.