SON

"You guys are clocking out?" I asked Levi, as I helped him clean up the food.

"Some of us." He replied, calling a guard over to take our bags to the trash bin.

"Oh? Does she sleep alone or are there lookouts or something?"

"Or something." He smirked.

"I'm sorry, I probably sound like I'm trying to get intel or something weird." I laughed, knowing that I'll have to figure out what's appropriate around mafias and what's seen as a threat.

"I trust you guys." Jadon chuckled. "H spoke highly of you all, and although its been 5 years and of course people change, but for now you guys have my trust. Don't make me regret it." He said sternly.

"Wow. You guys are really in the mafia." I whispered.

"What gave it away?" He laughed.

"The fact that there's a chance you wouldn't trust children."

"Oh, but children are the BEST disguise! They are easy to train, they easily blend in, and have the best excuse in all of the countries, 'I'm just a child'. I don't even trust pigeons." He whispered, checking the skies.

"Pigeons?"

"Pigeons, Son, pigeons." He excused himself when he received a pager and I sat looking at the skies myself.

You lose trust in people that have done wrong to you, so if Jadon was weary of pigeons and children, they must've done wrong by him. "I trust you guys. Don't make me regret it." Was what he said even though he did not know me.

I get that H probably spoke about us as her little babies that can do no wrong, but he was right, we have changed in the past 5 years and even though he was giving us a chance with his trust, that didn't mean the entire team around H trusted us.

The mafia members had whistled when mom came home and she didn't even come outside even though she knew we were here, like, all of us were here. Maybe she wasn't ready just yet to meet H, just like H wasn't really ready to meet her, but she also did not turn on any lights or give us back our electronics.

She must've known that H was coming today, if not by the administrators telling her, then the mafia cars parked all over her backyard would've definitely given it away. She also must've figured or saw that we had dinner already, but with all this, she still should've made a sound or something.

If the mafia members had trouble trusting us, even with what H had told them, I wonder how much tension there'll be when mom comes around. I doubt there was anything good said about her.