Our Very First Show

Jesse balanced his guitar over one shoulder, while trying to lift two bags over his other. "All good, gorgeous?" He called out from his side of the car, over to the passenger side. A head popped out from across the top of the door, and Viv's amber eyes looked up at him with raised brows, "Definitely. I'm just putting my sneakers back on!"

He waited for a moment, until he saw her stand up fully from her side of the car, grinning at him and patting the roof of the car as she slammed the door shut, "Okay, good to go."

He carried their things forwards towards the, interestingly enough, wide open front doors. Viv caught up to him, taking her bag from his shoulder and pausing as they approached, "Danny wasn't kidding when he said that their doors would always be open." She joked, and Jesse nodded. "No kidding."

Jesse led the way, stomping his feet to announce their entrance and calling out, "Hey, look alive, Uncle Jesse and Aunt Viv are here!"

"Uncle Jesse! Vivvy!" Jesse's two nieces cried out, running forward towards the two adults. Vivian dropped her bag, hugging Stephanie, while Jesse dropped his bag and awkwardly hugged DJ with the guitar still hung over his shoulder.

"DJ, how you doing? That tooth come in yet?" He asked casually, while Viv squeezed Stephanie once more, smiling down at her, before standing and placing her hand on top of the young girl's head, smoothing down some stray hairs. "Hi Steph, Deej."

DJ ran up and hugged Vivian, her body still leaning into Viv's leg as she looked over at her uncle and shrugged, "Nah."

Jesse moved towards the couch, "That's okay, one less to brush."

As he adjusted to lean against the couch, Stephanie looked up at Vivian and motioned for her to pick her up and hold her. Vivian smiled softly and sighed, leaning down and awkwardly holding the five year old on her hip, trying not to strain herself too much. The girl sure had grown since she'd last seen her at Pam's celebration of life.

Danny turned to Jesse, frowning at him as he placed a dirty shoe up onto the couch. Danny had always been very conscious of dirt.

"You missed breakfast, where have you guys been?"

Jesse bit his lip, grinning and leaning further into the couch, "I know, sorry. Last night, after my gig at the smash club, we decide to go for a cruise. Next thing we know, Viv and I are in Reno. It was dark - who would have known? Then, we wander into this show, Razzle Dazzle '87. Much better than Razzle Dazzle '86, by the way..."

He grins dreamily, "The lights are bright, the music is jamming, and the mood is there. The two of us end up enjoying a night of good old, American-"

"Food, food!" Viv interrupted, glaring at her boyfriend and frustrated with his complete lack of tact when around family.

Jess grinned, "Oh yeah, we were starving."

Viv rolled her eyes, and Danny frowned at his brother-in-law with disdain. "Sometimes I wonder how you managed to get a girlfriend at all, you big charmer."

Jess went to respond, when a shrill sound echoed throughout the door way, and Viv turned to look over, Stephanie's head also flipping towards the cause of the sound.

There stood a pile of tacky shirts with legs.

"Hi, Joey." DJ's voice interrupted Viv's confusion, and from behind the pile of laundry, they heard, "Hi, Danny."

This must be the best friend that Danny had always talked about. Jesse had met Joey a handful of times, but Vivian had not yet formally had the chance.

Stephanie motioned to be set down, and Vivian did so, sighing gently in relief as she regained the full use of her arms again.

Danny was momentarily distracted, and he walked forward towards his best friend with excitement, "Oh, Joey, buddy. This is the best. You're moving in!"