Chapter 3: What the Actual Shuck?

The first thing I registered was the constant pounding in my head. The second thing was it was warm and sunny.

"Damn Designers." I muttered.

I lay still trying to will the pounding in my head to go away. It didn't work. With a noise between a grunt, groan and growl, I rolled myself over, and pushed myself up onto my hands and knees. The ground teetered, and my stomach threatened to empty itself. Take a few deep breaths I waited for the wild nausea to subside. And then sat back onto my heels. I pulled my water out of my bag, pulling the mask part down and took a few sips. I kept the hood up, because of the sun and the heat.

"Shucken stupid Designers! It's windy cold and raining now it's bright warm and sunny. Get your shit together!" I grumbled. I gingerly pulled the hood down and checked the gash on my temple. It was already dried and not bleeding anymore, no need to waste a bandage. I decided not to risk a pain killer, we had limited pain meds, and I wasn't going to waist a pill on a headache.

"It's not a headache, you twat- it's a shucken bloody concussion." I muttered. I snorted and rolled my eyes, but winced when I did, the eye roll made the pain worse. "Great I'm talking to myself." I chuckled a little louder, "well I need expert advice...shuck-" I held my head in my hands, "how hard did I smack my head?"

I slowly and very unsteadily got to my feet and stumbled slowly down the stone corridor. I tripped a few times and crashed into the walls.

"What the actual hell?"

I really smacked my head hard, none of the walls looked familiar. I mean one grey stone wall was another grey stone wall. But there was something different about these grey stone walls. It felt foreign and odd. There weren't as many slashes and cuts in the walls from Grievers. There was more ivy and moss on the walls, the hall was also brighter and dryer.

Confused my squinted my eyes against the harsh sun. I pulled my hood back up, trying to shield myself. It hurt. My eyes felt like burnt squishy marshmallows, and my head felt like it was going to split open from the pounding. Tiny little hammers were slamming the inside of my skull. My stomach finally heaved, the heat didn't help, Ms my water was gone. I emptied my stomach all over the ground.

Wiping my mouth in the back of my hand I kept stumbling. I came to an intersection. I stopped in the middle. Confused I looked around. This was definitely new. Did I find a new section in the maze? I took a very slow turn trying to figure out where the heck I was.

I heard someone yelling. And the laugh. But it wasn't any of my Mappers...this was deep. This was a males voice. Panic, confusion and fear sprung to the surface. Her hand fumbled for a knife. Her head was spinning and her vision was fuzzy, it was coming in and out of focus. The heat, the dehydration and her concussion weren't helping. Just as her fingers wrapped around one of her knives two people came around the corner.

I froze. They skidded to a stop.

"The hell?" I sputtered.

"The shuck?" The one boy yelped in surprise.

I yelled, and threw my knife towards the boy who yelled. It was accurate, due to my spinning and teetering world. The boy who cursed dove out of the way, my knife still managed to slice his arm. He was fast for a huge muscled guy. My reflexes weren't as fast as they normally are either. So he managed to tackle me, he wrapped his arms around me and took me to the ground. I landed with a thud and my head smacked the ground again and I lost consciousness.

•×•

I moved my head with a groan. I lifted my hand to my head. It hurt, but definitely not as bad as it did before. I heard movement and a door closing. I must have been found by Sonya or Amy, they were scheduled to come that way though the maze.