chapter 2

A/n-Not edited

Annika's arm looped around mine and let me father into the room which opened wider into the fighting ring i was accustomed too.

"you're just on time," she said , her head nudging forward pointing to the ring where my opponent had easily won another round, sending his victim out the ring with a broken nose and leg. well fuck. I had seen him come to the ring multiple times this year, it was impressive how many times he had won.

 This place works in a series of ranks, the more you fight and win, the higher the rank, and you only fight people the same rank as you, i hadn't worried about fighting him because i thought i hadn't risen up to the same rank as him, apparently not. and don't get me started on the money, in here, you need a reputation, a personality, wether it be good or bad, just anything to win their bets. and the people here bet a lot

"you'll kick his ass" Annika cheers, her shoulder playfully nudging mine. clearly seeing the nervousness roll off my neck in beads of sweat.

"Matthias" Annika waves two fingers to her employee, 

"yes boss." her says over the bar, and slides two drinks over the bar counter. i could never understand how someone as sweet as Annika could run a place like this.

Annika's green eyes and tawny skin glowed under the ring lights as she shoved a drink in my hands and i drank it immediately, it was tradition at this point, i'd been coming here for three years, and every time, we would chug alcohol until I was ready to get in the ring. she would always be right by my side. And tonight was no different. 

I watched my opponent, which i had learnt his name was Sean, win against the last person before me on the battle roll, i had observed his fighting style, all power, no grace. it would be easy for him to make a mistake. thats the thing about being observant, you can always tell what their going to do with their body language and eyes.

Annika's already sightly drunk and cheery persona patted me on the back, still cheering from the bar as I make my way to my opponent. i had released some nervousness with alcohol but it always comes back. Rolling my shoulders and neck in an attempt to release any unwanted tension. the crowd separated to make a path for me, the people who had been betting on me for years patting my back and hand in me towels to wipe my sweat, clearly more confident than me  in winning this match.

my beat up boots step onto the concrete platform eyes never leaving Seans, trying to pick him apart and reveal his intentions on how to start this match.

"any rules you wanna add pretty girl?" he asks, getting into a fighting stance, I roll my eyes and fix the wraps on my joints, tightening them from my forearms

"no weapons. I want this to be a clean fight." i state, starting to un-sheath my daggers from my ribs, thighs and forearms, my fans took them in their hands graciously, while he chucks his own over the 50ft ring

"why? a pretty girl like you can wield a simple weapon?" Seans attempt to piss me off works and his eyes roll off mine and down my black singlet and thighs. 

what a freak. 

annoyed at his assumption, I pick my last dagger and throw it in his direction, whipping past his auburn hair and landing into the dart board behind him. his eyes widen and look over his freckled shoulders where i had hit

"fuck around and next time, i'll aim. and not at your head." my eyes travel to his groin a series of 'oohs' 'ahhs' and laughter fill the room.

"yeah, yeah, whatever, lets fight already"  Seans embarrassment turns to anger as he goes back into his fighting stance, as do I, and we circle each other, waiting for someone to make a move.

"quit dancing around and hit him Rena!" a stranger yells at me, my eyes mistakenly look away from Sean to glare at the person who said that. 

my eyes dart back to see Sean running full speed  with his fist in the air, ready to punch me into unconsciousness. i spin away, letting his inertia shoot him forward and land a kick to his bare back. he stumbles forward. I take my opportunity to latch my hand onto his calf and pull him off his feet and on his stomach, he grunts and people cheer as i get on his back and use my forearm to strangle him, it didn't mater how strong I was, he still needs air. 

He struggles before clamping his teeth around my arm biting hard enough to rip skin, i scream and pull my arm away. Seans head bangs against mine and I fall back on my ass with a hand on where he had hit. my eyes squint at the bright lights and Seans shadow covers it as he lifts me up with ease and slams me over his should on my back. I land with a grunt, no doubt that there will be bruises on my ribcage  tomorrow.

He gets on top of me, his muscular thighs trapping me between him, he lands a punch on my cheekbone, and i feel my warm blood trickle down. I force his body to roll so that i'm on top and then i feel something in his pants, (😏) down the leg, i feel a  wrap of bandages around his knee. he didn't have one on his other so i assume he's gotten a previous injury there. i punch him once in the jaw and get up, so does he. 

"could have finished me off there pretty girl" he rolls his shoulder , clutches his jaw and smiles thinking he'll have the advantage for being more muscular than me.

"but i didn't. be grateful" i retort. run at him, using my speed to my advantage and bring my knee to my chest to kick him in his injured knee. he falls to one knee and clutches his injured one. i see his pants darken with blood knowing i probably ripped open a couple stitches. and staining the concrete.

still on one knee, i kick his groin and send him clutching his parts, now on both knees i punch him as hard as i can square in the face. he falls on his back his nose sending a waterfall of blood on the mat. broken. i get on top of him once more and push my forearm to his neck 

"surrender" i say through gritted teeth and when he shakes his head i push harder.any longer and he'll be dead. his hand finally slaps the concrete three times, claiming his surrender and my win. i get up and offer my hand. people around me cheer and Sean takes a second to recoil his breath and takes it. i help him limp of the mat and when the medic has a hold on him i lift my fists in the air accepting their praise, small bags  of gold are thrown at me form the people who had bet on Sean and I graciously collect it, along with my daggers which had all found themselves into their sheaths.