The Princess of the Underworld

"I don't think you have to beat me up to find out if I am special," Mara tries to plead with Clarisse but she cracks her knuckles.

"Maybe...But it still doesn't hurt to find out," Clarisse mutters as she looks to two other people in the restroom and the next thing Mara knows is that there are two people grabbing her arms.

"Am I being EXECUTED?" Mara hurriedly asks, trying to wiggle free from their grasp, "WHAT IS THIS?"

"Just a little fun with a new camper," Clarisse says as they try and drag her to a toilet. Mara is thrown to the floor and Clarisse's friends try to forcefully shove her head into the toilet bowl.

"Oh God," Mara muttered as Clarisse and her friends laugh. She closes her eyes as she tries to resist and her head gets closer to the disgusting toilet.

Clarisse is right on top of her, trying to shove her head. She wasn't about to get her head shoved in a toilet. Mara decides to be cheeky, "Clarisse, have you ever had a bloody nose?"

"A what?" She asks as she lets go for just a moment. Mara swings her head back, hitting Clarisse in the nose and shoving the other kid's off.

Mara laughs but they all get back up. Her smile fades as she realizes they are blocking the exit. Her body is filled with adrenaline as she puts her hands up, "Okay, I won't do anything anymore." She backs up into a dark corner of the bathroom. Clarisse feels her nose, a small trail of blood coming out of nostril.

"You're in for it now, new girl!" Clarisse says through gritted teeth.

Mara decides to make a break for it, pushing Clarisse and slipping under her two goons. She stumbles over her own feet as she runs out of the bathroom. Clarisse and her two friends race after her, and Mara finds herself in the dark and cold of the woods.

"Crap," Mara mutters to herself as she looks around, getting lost. She sees Clarisse's friends coming up the hillside and continues to run before tripping, falling flat on her chest.

The wind is knocked out of her and she rolls on her side, clutching her side.

Then something unimaginable happens as Clarisse pins her down to the ground, "Revenge is a best dish served cold!" She shouts as she pulls her hand back to punch her but Mara yells with all her might.

"GET OFF ME!" A dark shadow-like force makes Clarisse and her friends fly backwards, slamming hard onto the ground. Clarisse sits up to look at Mara who was now hidden behind a barrier of darkness.

The gloomy girl reaches a hand out to it, the darkness opening for her to put her hand through.

"Oh my god," Mara breathes heavily as she looks all around her. It was as if the darkness was embracing her and hugging her all around. She looks back at Clarisse.

The Ares girl stares wide-eyed at Mara, her expression a mix of shock and confusion. She scrambles backward, trying to distance herself from the eerie scene unfolding before her. Mara, still catching her breath, watches as the darkness of the night swirls around her, offering both protection and an ominous presence.

As Mara stands up slowly, the darkness retreats, leaving her feeling exposed once again. She takes a cautious step toward Clarisse, who shrinks back even further.

"Who are you?" Clarisse asks as Mara waves her hand and the darkness came back again, swirling around her arm.

Mara looks down at her hand, still tingling from the strange power she had just unleashed. It seemed the darkness and the shadows really liked her.

"I don't know what happened," Mara admits, her voice barely above a whisper. By the time Mara looked back up at Clarisse, she was gone and so were her goons.