2

Y/N'S POV:

I was drenched. Fuck me. I dropped my cycle and ran over to the gas station store trying to avoid the rain. Everything sucks. My life sucks.

You may be wondering why I'm out here, in the rain, at 8 pm, all alone. Well long story short, I went over to my boyfriend's place, refused to give him money to buy alcohol and drugs, and then he hit me. Hard. So I left, hoping to stop by the hospital, that my best friend works at, so that she could fix me up. It became a routine at this point. Every month. Every week. The same shit.

I look around the store hoping to find someone who could help me out. My eyes landed on a creepy guy who had a weird smirk on his face, making me shudder. Ewww. I look around a bit more before I notice two girls holding a bunch of chips and other snacks. They look like they're having fun. I really want to approach them, but what if they don't like me? They might think I'm a weirdo. I really don't wanna invade their privacy. Maybe I should just cycle through the rain. I turn around accepting my fate. My hands reached for the door handles, I really don't want to cycle back, but I do-

"Oi!"

Huh? I turn back around only to be met with the gaze of one of the girls.

"Yo, you really gonna go back out? You're soaked." The one with the darker hair said.

"Uh yea- well I only have my cycle, and my phone died so I don't really have an option." I said. I took in the outfit she wore. She wore a matching top and skirt set. She had the cutest shoes ever. When I looked back down at mine, I realised how scrappy they were. I didn't have enough money to get new ones. I slowly shifted my legs, trying to hide my hideous shoes.

"You need a ride?" The blonde girl asked.
She was gorgeous. I contemplated saying yes for a few seconds.

"I don't want to trouble you guys, I'll be alright." I smile at them.

"Oh come on, don't be ridiculous, we'll drop you, we don't really have anything to do anyways." The other girl said as they walked towards the register and set the food down, waiting for it to get billed.

"Thank you. I've had a bit of a rough day."

"Yea, we can see. What happened- like what's all this?" The darker haired girl asked as she pointed at my bruised lips, while placing her arm around my shoulder.

"I fell off my cycle." I said quickly hoping they would buy it. They both looked at each other before shrugging and paying for the chips. We then exited the store, walking towards what I assume was their car.

"What's your name?" The blonde asked as she got into the passenger seat.

"Y/n l/n. Yours?" I ask while I get into the back seat.

"I'm Mila, Mila olatunji." The darker haired girl said, starting the car.

"I'm Kiki, Kiki Evans. What do you do
Y/n?" Kiki asked.

"I'm a bartender and a waitress. What about you guys?" This is really embarrassing. I hate telling people what I do for a living. It's not like I chose to be in the situation I'm in. But I wish I could have had a better career.

"I'm a YouTuber. My brother's big on YouTube so it's light work for me. I just end up mooching off his content. Or I bring him into one of my videos. People go crazy for him." Mila steered the wheel to the left.

"Yea and I'm an influencer, you know? Like Tiktok, Instagram and all that regular shit. Either I show up in Milas videos or I'm asked to collaborate with other people who own YouTube channels. Easy money." Kiki pulled a mirror out of her purse and proceeded to apply lip gloss.