Fossil 5: The Wings of Tomorrow

Hours passed after the entrance ceremony for the 104th Training Corps, and some of the recruits were chilling outside the barracks. "He still has these two running," a recruit named Connie Springer realised as he watched Sasha and Wei run laps.

"Yeah, and they have been at it for five hours already," another recruit noted. "Yeah, but one of them is a bit of a..." he lingered, looking at the scene. "Come on, Wei, you can run faster!" cheered Elysia, which made the boy grin before he waved at his friend and did as she said.

"One of them is not minding running until he drops that much," continued Tommy, who leaned on the wall behind them. Nodding, Connie crossed his arms. "They were more shocked when they heard they were skipping dinner," he reminded them.

Rhea side-glanced at them before refocusing on her brother. 'Of course, Wei doesn't mind running...' she thought as a small smile appeared. 'For him, this is only a warm-up,' she thought as Elysia glanced at her when Rhea let out a small chuckle.

Sharing her expression, she looked back at Wei before a recruit gained her attention. "Come to think of it, I didn't hear where you guys were from," he said, looking at Eren and Armin before his eyes shifted to Elysia and Rhea.

"We know that Tommy is from Quinta District. But he doesn't want to tell us what he saw," complained another, which made Tommy scoff. "Where would be the fun in that?" he asked with a slight smirk before he looked at the four.

"But I'm honestly curious as to why Shadis didn't come to you..." he trailed off before looking at Elysia. "Even you didn't say where you came from," he reminded before straightening up.

"So, little Mansel girl, where are you from?" he asked before feeling someone grab his collar, which made him scoff. "Leave the girl alone, you creep," came Kenzie's voice, which made Tommy roll his eyes.

Looking at his friends, Eren shrugged. "We are from Shiganshina District, the same as the guy running," he revealed, which made the group pause. "Then, we moved to a settlement and stayed there," he said as silence fell on them.

"Holy shit," voiced Tommy, the thoughts going through the mind of all of them. "Wait, so you were there that day, right?" asked Connie as one recruit tried to stop him. "Did you see it? The Colossal Titan?" he asked as the Shiganshina's kids paused at this.

Seeing their expressions, Kenzie narrowed her eyes and walked toward Connie. "I understand that you're curious, but-" "Yeah, we did," interrupted Eren, making the group look at him. "We saw it with our own eyes," he repeated, which astonished the group as they were about to swarm Eren with questions.

Thankfully, before he could answer, they were called for dinner, which made the recruits cheer before they walked inside. "Well, I guess this dinner will be entertaining," commented Tommy, following the group of guys inside.

Watching them leave, Elysia sighed and gripped her sleeve at the memories. "Sorry you had to remember that," came Kenzie's voice, making Elysia look at her. Elysia smiled in gratitude, "It's fine. You didn't do anything wrong," she reassured before looking at the sky.