Fossil 6: The Gravity of Resolve

Later that day, Eren was strapped to the device as his friends circled him. "Don't try to be fancy," suggested Mikasa as Elysia nodded beside him. "Yeah, not everyone can do tricks like Wei. So stick to the basics," she added, making Eren nod.

"But I don't get it..." began Rhea, making them glance at her. "Armin doesn't have the best coordination but still managed to do it," she said, making the blonde chuckle nervously and scratch his head. "Yeah, honestly, I don't get it either," said Armin before looking at Eren.

"But that also means that you should be able to do it, too," he encouraged as Mikasa hummed softly. "You will have to stiffen your upper body and let your lower body loose," she advised as Eren lowered his head. Then, glancing at Wei, he asked, "Is there something else I'm doing wrong?" making Wei tap his chin in thought.

"You seem to have good balance..." began Wei before stepping forward and pushing Eren slightly back. He saw how he managed not to fall and keep his balance this time. "Like this time, you did it. But when you're in the air, you don't," said Wei, making Eren sigh.

"Maybe you were just stressed because many people were watching?" Elysia guessed as Eren shrugged. "It could be that..." he mumbled before gaining a determined look. "I will get it in time. So there's no time to overthink about it," he said before looking at Armin.

"Lift me, Armin," he instructed, making the blonde nod. "Here you go," said Armin as he turned the lever. Eren slowly rose, and it seemed like he found his balance as his friends smiled at this.

*Thud*

However, their joy shattered when Eren suddenly swung forward and crashed head-first on the ground. "Holy shit..." whispered Elysia as Mikasa ran to him. "Eren! Eren, can you hear me?!" she shouted before she held him up. "We need to bring him to a doctor," she said, making Wei nod.

"Here, let me help you," he said as the two held Eren and led him away. Behind them, Armin panicked and tried to get a response from Eren, but he was out cold. "We need to get there quick," he said as the three led Eren back to the cabins.

Rhea was about to follow but saw Elysia crouched before Eren's belt. "We should grab that," she said but didn't get an answer. Humming in confusion, Rhea walked toward her friend, seeing her with furrowed brows. "What's wrong?" she asked before Elysia stood up.

"I think there is a problem with his equipment," she said, making Rhea tilt her head in confusion. "A problem? Are you sure?" she asked, making Elysia nod and turn to her. "I did the maintenance of so many omnidirectional gears with dad that I would notice," explained Elysia before frowning.

"But I don't understand why Eren's gear would be damaged already," she mused, making Rhea hum. "You think someone tried to sabotage him?" she asked, but she only saw Elysia shrug. "Maybe, but why would someone do that?" she asked, but she didn't get an answer.

As a small silence fell on them, Rhea shook her head. "Let's not think too much about it," she said before turning back. "But we will need to tell Commandant Shadis," suggested Rhea, making Elysia nod. Then, looking back at the gear, she thought, 'Who could do that?' before shaking her head and following Rhea.