Relocating and repairing

After coming to an agreement of the each of us paying 150 and splitting the quarters equally we head out for the corner shop.

As we enter the shop the owner looks at us and walks towards the machine automatically knowing why we were here. We hand him the money and inspect the machine as he counts the money.

The owner calls to us. "So how do you plan on moving the machine?" We freeze realizing that we never thought about that part.

Yukari - "We'll figure it out."

"Can you detach the seat from the machine?"

The shop owner - "The seat can be removed but the base will still be connected."

Yukari sticks her head out the side of the seat area and excitedly says. "It has wheels so we can tow it with one of our tanks."

Me and the shop owner look at her confused.

"If you're going to do that then wouldn't it make sense to use something smaller or more efficient? Like maybe something designed for towing?"

Yukari - "We can use the kettenkrad! The Leopon team uses it when repairing the tanks."

"That may just work. Are you allowed to just use the equipment for stuff like this?"

Yukari - "Yeah, we took the tanks out and got ice cream once."

I look at Yukari blankly be she looks back with a large smile that isn't going anywhere.

"Then let's go and get it. Can we get any rope or chains to pull it?"

Yukari - "Yeah, we have plenty."

"Then let's go."

Yukari and I head for the garage and persuade the Leopon team to let us borrow their kettenkrad. I gather some rope and get into the backseat before Yukari drives off. I wave at the people we pass and laugh thinking about their perspective of some students driving in the road in a kettenkrad.

Eventually we tie up the machine and tow it to the barber shop. We had to take it apart to fit it through the door. Luckily the kettenkrad had a tool box. After some weird looks, we get all the pieces inside and put it back together.

The machine was fairly large. It had a big screen that displayed the game, a bench that was surrounded by a frame made to look like a Sherman, on the left was controls for a driver and on the right were controls for a gunner. The machine needed some work. The screen was very dirty but usable, some of the buttons and other parts needed repairs or replacing, and the speakers didn't work.

Yukari - "Well it definitely needs some work but I'm sure the Leopon team and the Anteater team wouldn't mind taking a peak at it."

After the shop closed we invite the two teams over to look at the machine. The Leopon team comes first so they could see why we needed their kettenkrad and rope. Later the Anteater team showed up. They arrived late because they were finishing a game first.

The Anteater team installed new speakers that they had laying around from when they replaced their speakers for their computers, and cleaned the screen that it almost looks new.

The Leopon team put in some new buttons and switches and whatever else was needed from old tank parts to make it feel more authentic.

When it was all finished we all took turns playing the game. Me and Yukari went first, then everyone else had a play and all had fun.

After everyone had played and had fun, everyone went home to have dinner and get ready for the next day.

I hope tomorrow will be just as fun.