Misunderstanding

After classes were over Yukari went straight to tankery practice, but came running home soon after.

Yukari ran inside, straight to my room and into my chest. She was bawling her eyes out and could barely form a sentence.

"Yukari, what happened!?"

Yukari takes a deep breath before looking at me with tear filled eyes.

Yukari - "My friends."

"What happened to your friends?"

Yukari - "They told me I was a bad friend and that I should leave. That they don't want to be with me anymore."

"What? Why would they say that?"

Yukari - "I don't know."

She begins to cry some more.

"I'll talk to them."

Yukari - "They wouldn't listen to me."

"I just want an answer. I'll be right back."

Yukari - "O-okay."

I kiss the top of Yukari's head and head out.

As I walk to the tankery practice I take deep breaths to try and settle my anger. I forgot to ask where the practice takes place so I headed for the garage. On my way there I see Saori walking towards the garage as well. I call out to her to ask about what happened.

"Saori!"

Saori turns to me but doesn't say anything.

"Is everything okay? Yukari seemed really upset about somethings the others said."

Saori looks down looking angry.

"Saori?"

Saori slaps my face with her full force and proceeds to yell loudly.

Saori - "You really don't get it?! You're awful!"

"Saori, what did I do?"

Saori grits her teeth in anger before showing pictures of me and Yukari in the park together. None of the pictures showed how much Yukari was crying but the angle did show me kissing her head and holding her hands.

Saori - "You cheated on me with one of my best friends!"

"Saori."

Saori cuts me off and proceeds to leave.

Saori - "I hate you. Just don't talk to me anymore."

In utter shock I watch as she leaves before heading back home. I enter my room with  Yukari waiting for me.

Yukari - "What happened?"

Seeing Yukari, I break down in tears falling into her shoulder. Yukari holds me comfortingly, and asks again.

Yukari - "What happened?"

"Saori says she hates me."

Yukari - "What?"

"She showed me pictures from us as the park earlier today. She thinks I cheated on her with you."

Yukari's expression goes from sadness strait to anger.

Yukari - "Well I'm going to tell her what's what."

"Yukari."

Yukari - "I'll be right back."

Before I could object, Yukari leaves straight for the garage. She storms back into the training area, ignores all of the dirty looks, goes straight up to Saori, and slaps her without warning. Everyone around stares shocked with some girls trying to pull Yukari away. Those who Saori hasn't told what she thinks happened look confused and try to calm down the situation.

Hoshino from the Leopon team steps in between Yukari and Saori, trying to break up the situation.

Hoshino - "Whoa there! What's going on?"

Saori - "She stole my boyfriend!"

Saori points at Yukari with some other girls standing behind her, glaring at Yukari.

Hoshino - "You mean Y/N?"

Saori - "Yeah."

Hoshino - "Yukari's brother."

There is a quick yet powerful wave of silence as the truth begins to emerge.

Saori - "What?"

Yukari steps forward, glaring at Saori.

Yukari - "Yeah, my brother. The one who tried helping me feel better in that picture you had."

Saori - "I didn't take the pictures."

Yukari - "But you didn't stop to question them either."

Saori stays quiet, feeling ashamed.

Yukari - "I'm going home. I need to give someone some emotional support."

Saori tries to speak before Yukari leaves but she is cut off.

Yukari - "You broke my brother's heart Saori. If you can't make things right then I'll be leaving this team. Permanently."

Miho - "What?!"

Hana - "But you love being part of the tankery team!"

Yukari - "Maybe I don't like the people who are part of it."

All the girls who believed Saori gasp before realizing they were wrong. Yukari leaves the tankery practice and comes home to me and we have a quiet rest of the day together. The other girls felt ashamed and awkward and decided to cancel the practice until the next day.