Accident

It was two week break for players as they just finished a series. Rahul  was watching a tv show when he heard the news that would change everything – Rohit had met with a serious accident.

The moment Rahul got wind of the accident, concern and worry flooded his mind. Despite being mere acquaintances, the news struck a chord in Rahul's heart. He couldn't explain the sudden surge of emotions but felt a strong urge to rush to Rohit's side.

He tried Rohits number but failed. of course he will not answer. He is the one met with an accident . Then he called Virat.

" Rahu.."

"Did you see the news.." he didn’t let Vi to speak

" Yes I am on my way to the hospital.." there was a visible concern in his voice.

" Vi.. Rohit…"

" He will be ok Rah.. he has to be.."

" send me the details. I will leave the house soon" Rahul hanged up.

He reached the hospital in two hours. Virat was sitting near the ICU.

" Virat.." Rahul managed to say. Virat lifted his head. His eyes were filed with tears.
Before he say anything doctor came outside.

" Doctor.." they both went to him

" Mr. Virat, I understand this is a challenging time. Mr. Sharma suffered a head injury, and as of now, he is still unconscious. He will wake up after four five hours."

" is his condition serious doctor ? "
" It is a head injury, so you need to assist him 24/7. "

After docter has gone, Virat sat back in the chair. Rahul slipped down to the floor and kept his head down.

"He will be fine Rah.." Vi said while consoling himself.

After getting the news teammates started to call Vi. They were ready to come to the hospital. Virat told them the situation and ask them not to come until Ro regain consciousness.

It was the longest six hours in Rahuls life.  Being a Kumbakarna himself Rohit decided to wake up late. He was transferred to a normal word and Rahul went there with Virat.

"Ro……." Vi went to Ro and hold his hand. Rahul stayed little bit away from them. It was the best friends time

"V..Vi.. " he speak slowly

" you make me scared idiot.." Tears were slipping fro his eyes. Ro lift his hand and patted Virat's head. After sometimes Virat stopped crying.

"Ra..h.. come here.. um.. not dead yet" Rohit said with a smile. It was the limit for Rahul. He broke down

"How could you say something like that bhaiya.." He could not stop crying.
Rohit helplessly looked at Virat and Virat hold the crying kid.

"Don’t you know Rah.. even his life is a joke to him" Vi said while glaring at Rohit.

Rohit mouthed a sorry. Before Rahul went near Ro. Door was opened suddenly and Jassi and Harry barged in.

"Bhaiya/ Cap Ro " they spoke at the Same time. Jassi was on the verge of crying. Harry was no better.

"I am..alright kid..dos come… here" yes they are his first kids after all. They occupied both side of Ro. While consoling  them Ro saw the longing eyes of Rah who couldn’t even get a chance to come near him.

After hours of talking Rohit was able to send them to their house as both of them were traveled more than four hours to get here. They were really tired and refused to realize it.

"Vi you have to attend a meeting tomorrow morning na.. please go home now. I don’t want you to look like a zombie in front of national television.." Rohit could talk normally now.

"Are you crazy. There is no way I will leave you in this state.."

"I will stay here" Rahul managed to say.
"But.. "

"No buts Vi.. you should go home. I will take care of him.."

However, Virat had to leave. He promised that he will return as soon as the meeting end. Rahul was finally able to sit near Rohit.

"Rah.. help me to sit. I don’t want to lay down anymore.. "

"Are you sure.. you have gone through a surgery bhaiya.."

"I'm ok.." Rahul helped him to sit carefully and adjusted the pillows behind Rohit's back.

"You should also go back Rah. Its almost night.."

"You don’t want me here. I know I’m not one of your kiddos. But I also care for you bhaiya. I can call someone else if you are uncomfortable with me.." Rahul babbled in a single breath.

Ro grabbed Ra's hands. Rah stopped taking.

"Look at me Rah. Have I ever treat you differently than others. Please get this in your mind. You are important to me as same as Jassi and Harry. When you broke down. I wanted to stand up and come to you but I couldn’t. I’m sorry if I have ever made you think like that bachcha.

"Please don’t say sorry bhaiya.." Rahul sat on the chair near the bed and kept his head on Rohits hand.

After sometimes a nurse came to remove the cannula from Rohit's hand. Rahul took Ro's hand and started to rub around the wound to ease the pain.

"Bhaiya.."
"Mmm?"

"Can I stay with you until you recovered? "Rahul asked hesitantly

" You can Rah.. but you will get bored"

"Please please.."

"Ok relax. Stay with me. I don’t want to be alone either."

After Rah having dinner and Ro having his medicine. Ro ask Rah to lay down beside him as there was no extra bed in the room"

"Its ok bhaiya I will take the couch I don’t want to hurt you."

"You will not. Come here" however, he ended up on the bed. Rahul kept his head under Ro's shoulder area as he didn’t want to hurt the wounds on Rohit's head. Rohit felt sleep after some time due to the medicine.

Rahul suddenly wokeup at the midnight. He saw a nightmare about Ro. He kept his head on Ro's chest to hear his heartbeat. He was relieved hearing  that sound. It was calming him down. When he tried to lift his head, Ro hugged him in his sleep. Rah slept like that listening to Ro's heartbeat. He had a smile lingering on his lips.

...........................................................................
Should I write in first person pov or third person pove.....?