Chapter 13: Roof Top

Minho stood right in front of me, the guys had all gone back to being loud and wild behind us around the fire. I could see the muscle in his neck pulsing with his heart beat. I felt my knees go week. Dammit, I was falling hard after a few breath taking kisses. A few months shy of three years keeping everyone at an arms length and now I was crumbling fast. Or maybe it was just I was touched starved and he was brave enough to touch me...a monster.

I shivered.

"Cold?"

"No. Confused." I admitted.

"Can I help?"

I shrugged. "How are your climbing skills?" I asked looking back up at him.

"I've never put them to the test."

I turned and walked into the shadows. He followed, leaving the wild party behind.

"Is this where you kill me?"

"Don't tempt me."

He chuckled. I could feel his presence beside me, but now that we were away from the fire, the darkness swallowed us, and it was hard to see. I was sure footed, light as a cat and silent as a shadow. I came to the other side of the Homestead and far side of the kitchen and walked towards the barn. Minho didn't say anything, following me to where ever I was leading. On the far side of the barn that faced the forest is where I stopped. Minho turned to look at me. I was covered in shadow.

"Now we go up." I said softly.

I jumped, grabbed the tree branch and pulled myself up, using the trunk to balance I stood up and looked down at Minho, who had his arms crossed looking up at me. I grinned. Letting go of the trunk I walked out on the tree limb and leapt to the thin windowsill. From there I reached up and grabbed the roof. I pulled myself up, swinging myself up onto the roof, and stood up. I waited.

"You coming?" I called quietly.

"Shuck it woman, you and your ninja skills."

"Close." I muttered.

It took a few minutes, but Minho finally stood beside me. He looked proud of himself.

"I've never been up here."

"First for everything. Come on." I turned and walked up the roof, to the next level up, and then over the spin of the roof to the other side and lightly leapt to the little flat section of roof. I sat down and waited for Minho. He settled beside me. I slowly leaned back, laying against the slanted roof. Minho copied me laying on his back, we lay side by side.

"Now...you can see the stars." I said quietly.

Except he wasn't looking at the stars, I felt his eyes on me. I slowly, hesitantly turned my head and looked around at him. He was so close I could see his eyes sparkling in the moonlight. My breath caught in my chest. He just stared at me. He had such a soft look in his eyes and a smile I had to look away; my lungs were burning, I couldn't breath. I felt the tears burning in my eyes. I looked the other directing, trying to blink the tears away.

"Hey...Jessie..."

"I'm fine." I whispered.

"I doubt that. I'm just looking at you and your tearing up. Yet you have his unmatched confidence and cocky attitude while throwing a knife at my face." He said quietly.

"Because I know how to do that. I don't know how to do this." My voice caught.

"Me either, believe it or not I've never had a relationship...well that I can remember."

"What if you still have a girlfriend, waiting for you..?" I asked, looking back up at the stars.

"If I do she dosen't exists anymore." He shrugged, "I don't know them anymore."