Part Eleven.

Breakfast was unusually quiet with no one talking except for politeness when passing or receiving items at the table. Kunlun watched from his Enigma Room above, smiling as both couples said exactly the same thing in two separate bedrooms below, about being careful, not taking any risks, call me if you need me, which was unnecessary because there were now two Black Robes which the alternate partners had not seen.

Lao Lan arrived at his office with Shen Wei amidst stares from everyone, wondering how Lao Wei had suddenly become much younger.

"Everyone, this is my son in law, Shen Wei. He's just visiting for a short stay and I thought it would be great for him to meet you all. Tea Wei? I'll go and get you a cup." and Lao Lan left him standing alone to make some fresh drinks.

Chu and Daqing had been staring at Wei from the moment he'd entered the office and they approached him cautiously, not believing for one second that he was the son in law and insisted that he come with them to the small office. Chu entered first followed by Wei, while Daqing closed the door behind them. As he turned to face Chu, he was aware of a blue string flying towards him at speed and fired some dark energy towards it, instantly dissolving the threat as Daqing pounced from behind, but he quickly side stepped him and lowered the blinds in one movement before his rapid transformation occurred, causing both Daqing and Chu to drop to their knees while apologising.

"And now that we have that out of the way, it's good to see you both. Yunlan and I are here from a few years in the future. Kunlun brought us unexpectedly. Mr Yan is coming here, he's after a baby and his father. He must be stopped."

"Yes, so for now, he's my son in law." Lao Lan had entered and saw what had happened. "Forgot how great Wei looked when he was your age, beautiful. Yunlan's a lucky man." Lan said as he handed Wei one of the teas.

Shen Wei silently changed back into his suit and released the small blinds before they all joined the rest of the staff to explain about the new threat.

"For those who are not aware, our villain is called Mr Yan and is targeting a family. Its a complicated case, therefore you need to pay attention, this is why this unit was formed, no one else can deal with this criminal. My son in law can probably explain it better than I can, go ahead my boy, they are all trustworthy."

Lao Lan stepped aside and sat down as he nodded to Shen Wei who wasn't sure about how much he could explain without consequences.

"Mr Yan is a criminal from the future who served his time but was released early. However when he was in prison he found out about a time machine and bought the plans. After it was built, he had the owner killed, therefore he was never linked with his murder because he was still inside. When he was released, he tested the machine by sending a hit-man to the future with certain targets he wanted killed, but mainly to find out if the machine really worked and unfortunately it did. The targets have survived so far. His real plan was to come here now, at this time to kill a father and his baby boy. If he is successful, the repercussions of this would be unthinkable, plus he's insane, there's nothing to stop him from trying something else with this machine.