Chapter 39

Reminder: This story contains typos and grammatical errors.

RUBY was looking at the knights of Castella with seething eyes. Her anger was not vague for everyone to see, it was so obvious. Carmen and Chance were both in her side trying to suppress her movement. Because if they were not there, she's already running towards the enemies with an intent to kill. She doesn't care anymore, she just wants to see them lying on the ground lifeless. 

The fight has already started and they are still watching from above the watch tower as per Dawn's order. It's not just her but also Chance and Carmen wanted to help them but Dawn asked them to observe from above. Though Dawn was already expecting this to happen, she was still unsure why Castella attacked suddenly. 

"Hindi naman iba ang kinikilos nila. They are still puppets in my eyes" komento pa ni Chance na may panunuyang tono. Carmen agreed. 

"So why are they attacking now of all time?" 

Carmen looked at Ruby and the latter and Chance looked at her with their brows furrowed. Carmen sighed and voiced out what she thought. Though unsure she wants to be honest with them. 

"It might have something to do with Tita Veronica or what the Ruler and Estella discussed in their meeting" 

"Was that really serious?" tanong ni Chance at nagkibit balikat lang si Carmen dahil wala siyang alam sa kung ano talaga ang pinag-usapan ng dalawa. 

"What about my mother?" Carmen sighed again. 

"Sa tuwing naririnig ko silang nag-uusap palaging mainit ang ulo ni Tita Veronica. She would curse the heck out of the ruler. I can't blame Tita Veronica because she was just asking questions but the Ruler keeps on answering in riddles. Then the last time was that Tita Veronica managed to find those necklaces and she said it was really important to the ruler and then she gave it to me so I could give it to Ms. Dawn. Then I escaped with her help"

"So they are attacking because we have the things the Ruler wants and need plus the people she wants to be by her side" Chance said. Napaisip naman si Ruby sa sinabi ni Chance at napagtantong may punto ito. 

"Let's go down and help. Walang punto ang pagoobserba natin dito" ani Ruby na sinang-ayunan ng dalawa. Kanina pa sila atat na atat na lumaban lalo na at maraming mga kasamahan na nila ang nasasaktan. Agrabyado din sila dahil marami ang kalaban. 

Sabay-sabay silang tumalon mula sa watch tower at tinulungan ang mga kasamahan sa baba. Pumunta naman si Ruby malapit kay Dawn na nakikipaglaban parin sa mga knights. "Anong nakita niyo?"

"None, they are still the same. Carmen thought it might be because of what my mother and the Ruler has or what the Ruler and Estella talked" 

Nagtagis ang bagang ni Dawn at naisip niyang maaaring tama nga sina Ruby. Nag-aalalang napatingin siya sa mga kasamahan. Alam niyang darating ang puntong ito pero hindi niya inasahan ito. Akala niya ay handa sila sa ganitong bagay pero hindi pa pala. 

Yes they have Cassi and the other kids or teens but they are still not enough. And they can't just use their power freely or else the Ruler will know who they really are. Ayaw niyang mapahamak ang mga ito. Saka na siguro nila pwedeng gamitin ang mga mahika nila kung kasama nila ang lahat ng divine magic user. 

And that's their problem. Estella is the only one around and she's currently busy. Aside from that, she's not really familiar with her divine magic.

"Let's make some time for Estella. Sana naman ay matapos na siya sa kung ano man ang ginagawa niya ngayon." tumango si Ruby saka tumulong na sa mga kasamahan.