🦋 Five • Stubborn And Secretive 🦋

Miraya was sitting with her father in the garden and drinking coffee when she asked him, “Dad, before I fainted that evening, I noticed a lady at the party. She was wearing a golden saree and looked like she was in her late forties.”

Rudraksh chuckled, "Oh, I know who you are talking about. It was Sandhya Anand. Sameep Anand's wife. Even I have noticed that she looks like your older version."

“Hmm, Sandhya Anand. I would like to meet her someday.” She smiled, even though in her heart she wanted to murder that woman the moment they met.

“You can meet her on your engagement. She will be invited.”

“Great.” She replied with a smile.

🦋🦋🦋

A few days later, Miraya was going through Sandhya Anand's history while sitting in her office. Her maiden name was Sandhya Sachdeva.

“She is currently forty-seven years old, which means she was nineteen when she gave birth to me. Could it be she abandoned me because she was an unmarried mother? No, but then she should have done that when I was an infant. Why would she keep me for four years?” Miraya looked through the documents again.

“There's a gap of two years before she got admission in a college. She passed out from twelfth standard at the age of eighteen. Means she got pregnant after a few months of passing out. And if that's the case, her classmates must know something about her affair.”

She quickly called the detective who did the digging for her. She told him to get her the list of the students from Sandhya's session. It didn't take long. She got the list three hours later.

“There were forty eight students in the class out of which twenty five were boys. I should focus on the girls. There were twenty two girls beside Sandhya.”

She read their personal information very carefully and found out that one girl Aastha Mishra lived in the same colony as Sandhya.

“Aastha Mishra.”

She immediately called the detective and told him to get Aastha Mishra's current address.

🦋🦋🦋

That morning Miraya was got ready to head to Rani Sahiba Ki Pahadi, a small hill station on the Meghavali range where Aastha Mishra, now Aastha Kashyap, lived with her husband and two children.

She wore a black trench coat because that time around the year it snowed in Rani Sahiba Ki Pahadi.

She was heading towards her black Thar when she saw Shashank sitting on it's bonnet, dressed in a sky blue shirt and white pants. His usual style.

“Shashank, what are you doing here?” Miraya asked with a frown resting on her forehead.

“Well, I came to take you on a Sunday date. But Tara Aunty told me you are going to Rani Sahiba Ki Pahadi so I decided to accompany you.”

“Shashank, I'm going there to do some private investigation related to a case. I can't take you. It's a very secret trip.” Miraya told him the half-truth.

“I don't care about the secrecy. It's our engagement next week and we still haven't gone on a date.” But Shashank was being stubborn that morning.

“Shashank, you are being difficult.”

“I'm going with you. That's it. And if you left alone, then it means you don't love me. So prove your love by taking me with you to the Pahadi.”

“Shashank.”  Miraya groaned in annoyance.

“I'm serious, Miraya. Do you love me or not?” He pouted.

Miraya sighed and headed back to the house. Seeing her returning to the house, Shashank asked her worriedly, “Why are you going back?”