Seven

Jeongguk woke up to an empty space beside him that Saturday morning. This shouldn't have surprised him, as he has been waking up alone for the past couple of years, having been in zero relationships that he had gotten to the base where he invited them over to his house. However, he was indeed confused and a bit disappointed to find the space beside him on his bed empty because he did not fall asleep alone the previous night.

He and Taehyung had made love, as Taehyung always liked to put it, after Jeongguk kissed him at his office the previous day. He had invited Taehyung over and the rest was history.

Jeongguk almost thought that Taehyung had run away, like Jeongguk did weeks back. However, the smell of cooking wafting off the kitchen through the hallways to Jeongguk's bedroom indicated otherwise. Making his way to the kitchen, he was welcomed with the expected sight of Taehyung cooking.

Taehyung, in all his bare-chested glory turned around, spoon in hand and finally noticed Jeongguk standing by the door. "Good morning," He beamed.

Jeongguk felt his heart skip a beat and his cheeks heated up. Taehyung was handsome. He had only become more handsome in the last decade. He was more toned and masculine than he was in highschool. Feeling attracted to Taehyung every time he saw him in the past decade was something uncontrollable. Even in those times Jeongguk had dated people and felt like he could have a future with them.

Jeongguk wouldn't say he never had a real, honest and stable relationship with anyone in the last decade, because he did. Multiple times. However, in the end, none of them seemed to work out.

He was attracted to Taehyung. Taehyung was attractive. Did Jeongguk wanted to be with him subconsciously? Yes. But did it prevent him from getting into relationships and feeling he had found the one with other people? No.

He hated how he compared everyone he dated to Taehyung and how he reminisced about his ex all the time, how much he wanted Taehyung back, that it angered him. And he was angry at Taehyung for simply existing. And he hated himself for still feeling things for Taehyung.

When Taehyung broke Jeongguk's heart. After all the things he did to make sure-

"I'm making gimbap. With spicy chicken. The way you like it" Taehyung said, making Jeongguk snap back into reality. Taehyung started placing food on the seaweed wrap.

"Oh" he cleared his throat. "Yeah. Good morning. Are those my sweatpants?"

"Yeah. Hope you don't mind" Taehyung smiled cheekily. It would be an understatement to say that Jeongguk was happy that things were better between him and Taehyung. He felt relieved. However-

Jeongguk sat down at the kitchen island. As Taehyung rolled the gimpab. He had always been a pro at making gimbap, solely because of Jeongguk's love for the dish. "Taehyung, we have things to talk about"

Taehyung nodded. "We do"

"Yeah. What are we, Taehyung?"

Taehyung placed the finished gimpab rolls on a plate and walked over to Jeongguk, sitting beside him. "I want us to start all over again. But we can't, until we clear the misunderstandings between us," Taehyung said, looking at Jeongguk with a mix of hope and uncertainty.

Jeongguk took a deep breath. "Okay."

"You know, something that has bothered me for so long is why you were feeling so threatened by some guy. Why couldn't you trust my judgement about my future?" Taehyung's voice was gentle, but there was an edge of frustration there.

Jeongguk shook his head, his brows furrowing. "It wasn't about your decision to leave. We had our future planned out and all of a sudden some guy came into our lives. And you kept hanging out with him and you suddenly tell me that you decided to go to another university."