Eleven

Final chap! Happy to see all of you who had made it here ❤️

-

The scent of pine and cinnamon wafted through Jeongguk's cozy living room, where twinkling Christmas lights adorned every corner. The room was filled with the warmth of laughter and the clinking of ornaments as Taehyung and his beloved prepared for Christmas together.

It felt like a lifetime ago that he spent Christmas with Jeongguk. It was a decade back when they stayed at their dorm for Christmas without going back home just to celebrate together. Or that one time Taehyung spent Christmas with Jeongguk's family since his own parents were abroad. It was definitely the first time in a decade that he felt truly fulfilled about spending Christmas with someone. He couldn't be happier about it.

Taehyung watched Jeongguk carefully hang the mistletoe above the doorway, a playful grin on his face. "I read somewhere that mistletoe brings good luck during the holidays."

"Yeah? Never heard of that before"

Jeongguk grinned, standing by the doorway where he had hung the mistletoe.

"But I do know that you need to kiss your partner under the mistletoe" Taehyung said, slowly making his way towards Jeongguk.

"I have heard of that. It's a tradition"

Taehyung chuckled, his heart swelling with a mixture of nostalgia and joy. "Well, who am I to argue with holiday traditions?"

Jeongguk giggled, standing under the mistletoe and Taehyung walked towards him. Jeongguk grinned, already anticipating Taehyung's next move. Taehyung mirrored his expression. The shorter man extended his arms, welcoming Taehyung into an embrace. Their lips met and Jeongguk smiled against Taehyung's lips.

Giggles escaping them both, they drew away. Jeongguk made sure to press another short kiss onto Taehyung's lips before walking away to pick up some decorations. Taehyung watched him, a silly grin on his face and heart thrumming with contentment.

As they continued decorating the tree, the atmosphere was charged with shared happiness, a stark contrast to the lonely Christmases Taehyung had experienced in the past. The memories of spending the holidays without Jeongguk felt like distant echoes, overshadowed by the present moment.

Suddenly, Taehyung's gaze caught the shimmering lights on the tree, and a nostalgic smile tugged at his lips. "You know, baby, I used to spend Christmas alone almost every year in the last decade. It felt like the loneliest time of the year."

Jeongguk paused, his eyes locking onto Taehyung's. "Alone?"

Taehyung nodded, his voice tinged with vulnerability. "After we broke up, Christmas lost its magic. I never felt the same joy I used to. Something felt missing from me, even if I was dating someone back then. It was always a reminder of what we once had."

"We do have a lot of special memories when it comes to christmas. We first slept together right before christmas, before I went home for christmas" Jengguk's smile held nostalgia. "I, too, subconsciously thought about those special memories... almost every christmas, I'm sure"

"It just crosses your mind because we hold them dear" Taehyung said, "Especially when we do something similar or some topic is mentioned. It just comes to you and makes you feel all nostalgic"

"Exactly!" Jeongguk grinned. "I didn't really spend Christmases with my partners either"

"You always spend your Christmas with your parents"

"On the years I decided not to spend it with them because of work or something else, I ended up spending it alone. One of the girls I had an affair with me broke up because I didn't spend christmas with her and went tos pend with my family!"