Grandfathers Cabin

I always loved my grandfather's cabin in the woods. It was situated right next to a lake with shimmering deep blue waters; and when you stood on the porch, all you could see was trees stretched every way. You would hear lots of sounds from critters in the forest. My grandpa told me never to follow these sounds, especially the wolves' howl.
But one day, I decided to follow the wolves howl, it ed me to a very small cave.

It was very dark, but nothing seemed out of place, as far as I could tell. I felt my way through it, trying to figure out my complete surroundings.

Suddenly, a high screeching is heard echoing around the enclosed space, and I jump back, landing in something wet. I look down and notice the red ink covering my hands as I hear a low growl from behind me.

I turn around, but there's nothing there, I turn straight forward, and there is a small, red, glowing sphere. I screamed and scrambled backward, my back hitting a wall.
"What is that?!" I clamped a hand over my chest to help calm my breathing. The sphere flows away, and I sprint out of the cave as fast as I can, returning to my grandfathers cabin. I see something red in the doorway, but I ignore that for later.

I started bolting up the windows and doors and grabbed a hunting rifle above the fireplace. My grandfather comes out of his room upstairs, "Ahat is happening down there, grandson?"
"Nothing, Grandpa Oliver!"
"Ok..."
"Go back to sleep. I'm just watching Jack Reacher."
And then I realized that the TV wasn't on. What a great lie... but he was in the house, I shouldn't be bolting the windows up, I should be running.

I.open the door and booked it to the nearest town; ignoring the pain of gravel pieces hitting my legs.