chapter twelve

Saying goodbye.

Pandora's point of view.

After taking care of things in New York, I flew back to Wyoming and even though I hadn't moved back yet, I planned on getting my things from my belongings from Vegas and move to the ranch after talking with Kaleb about it more. I finally arrived at the airport in Wyoming and waited for Kaleb to pick me up but he never showed up and I seen Josh walk through the door three hours later.

Josh: sorry for being late, we had to locate Smoky and as we were doing that we managed to bring in the herd that caused the damage to the fence, Kaleb would have come but he had to help the others with the horses and plus the kids were getting a bath so he sent me, I hope that's okay with you.

Pandora: I don't mind riding with you.

Josh: okay, are you ready?

Pandora: yeah.

After we got back to the ranch house when I seen Kaleb and the guys making sure the horses couldn't get out of the pasture, I headed inside and seen Scarlett and Riley sleeping in their room so I quietly walked to my room so I could get a shower

I had just walked out of the bathroom after getting dressed when I seen Kaleb walking into my room.

Pandora: hey babe.

Kaleb: hey...

Pandora: you look tired.

Kaleb: I am, it's been a long day rounding the horses up.

Pandora: do you wanna get a shower and join me in bed?

Kaleb: yeah, give me a few minutes and I will join you.

I plugged my phone up along with my laptop and decided to find a movie for us to watch after grabbing a few snacks from the kitchen then headed back to my room and crawled in bed. I seen Kaleb sit down beside me a few minutes later and played the movie after he sat behind me and let me lay my head against his chest while we watched the movie but fell asleep before the movie finished.

* the next morning *

I woke up feeling his arms wrapped around me and listened to him softly snoring in my ear. I planned on letting him sleep but Seth came rushing in while practically yelling at him to wake up, I seen him quickly sat up and looked at me before reacting to what Seth said.

Seth: Kaleb, you gotta come quick man, Smoky is badly injured.

I watched as he quickly got out of bed and I followed behind him as we ran to the pasture Smoky was in, I seen him laying on the ground bleeding when I quickly ran inside the pasture and towards him. I watched as he struggled to get to his feet but I made him stay down.

Pandora: easy Smoky, you're going to be okay boy.

I heard him softly nicker after hearing my voice as he slowly relaxed is body as I gently ran my hand through his mane.

I felt Kaleb's hand gently rest against my back as he comforted me.

Kaleb: it's going to be okay baby, he lived a long healthy life.

Pandora: I know, I just had a special bond with him and he brought us together.

Kaleb: I know lovebug and I will forever be grateful to him for bringing us together.

Pandora: I'm grateful to him for that too.

Kaleb: hey Josh, take red and ride to the neighbors house and see if we can borrow the excavator so we can bury Smoky.

Josh: alright.

I watched as he walked to the barn and rode off with red after climbing on his back and grabbing onto his mane. I walked back to the house and washed my face so my kids wouldn't see me upset. I managed to keep them inside until they finished burying Smoky.