chapter twenty four

Serving time.

Kaleb's point of view

I had been sitting in jail for two days now when I was told that I had a visitor, I was taken to a room and handcuffed to a pair of shackles that were attached to the floor so I wouldn't try escaping the room since the guards gave us space to be alone with whoever was visiting.

I waited patiently for whoever was here to see me and that's when I seen her, I could tell that she had been upset and I knew it was was because of my current situation. I watched as the guard left so we could have some privacy before we started talking to each other.

Kaleb: I know this is upsetting for you...

Pandora: I'm trying to understand why it happened...

Kaleb: I'm sorry baby, I wish it never happened...

Pandora: I spoke with your mom. The female minor who was at the party is saying that you slept with her before you snuck away from the party.

Kaleb: I promise you that never happened. I didn't even talk to anyone while I was at the party cause I immediately left once I seen the alcohol and women there.

Pandora: I am trying my best with your mom's help but the girl is sticking to her story.

Kaleb: make her take a DNA test. I would never do that, you're the only woman that I've slept with lovebug.

Pandora: I will recommend it to the judge but I'm not sure if it's going to work.

Kaleb: I wish I stayed with you instead of going to that stupid party and I wouldn't be here now.

I heard her crying and she I'm walked closer to me then laid her head on my chest, I lifted my arms over her head and held her while she cried.

Kaleb: it's going to be okay lovebug, I will be home soon I promise.

Pandora: I just wish this never happened, I need you with me.

Kaleb: I need you too lovebug, I promise that I will be home again soon.

Pandora: I love you baby.

Kaleb: I love you too lovebug.

I gave her a kiss before she left and I was quickly taken back to my cell while I sat there doing nothing, I wanted nothing more but to be home holding her but I was here doing time for a crime that I didn't commit and I couldn't help but feel like this would ruin my relationship with Pandora and her kids.