Drunk Driver

“Am I crazy for liking Sarah,” Seth thought to himself.  “I mean, she’s the smartest person in the whole junior class, and I’m just the stupid jock who needs to Google all the answers on the history test.”   Seth sighed to himself, his thoughts hurting him.

         “Look out!”  Screamed an old man across the street.  Seth’s head popped up long enough to see a truck coming full force at Ashlei as she crossed the street.  She screamed, clearly frozen in fear.  The truck was about 53 feet away from her.  Seth dashed out into the street, grabbing the Ashlei, just in time.  After the car had gone, Ted ran across the street with them.  Seth looked at Ashlei, who was crying now.  He cradled her in his arms trying to calm her down.

         “Damn drunk drivers.  I heard they killed a girl up state last year.  It’s a shame people would even get drunk.”  Said the old man.  The old man’s face looked familiar to Seth but he didn’t ask any questions.

“I didn’t even see the car!” exclaimed Ashlei between sniffles.

“Its ok Ash,” said Seth trying to calm her down.  Seth put Ashlei at arms length.  “Are you hurt?” Ted asked, concern filling his eyes.

“I don’t think so.,” said Ashlei.  Ted looked her up and down for any signs of damage. There was nothing but a tiny scrape on her fore head.   After Ashlei was done crying, they started to walk home.  As they neared the park, they wind started to pick up, leaving brown leaves flying everywhere. 

“So, we’ll meet here at five?”  Asked Ted. 

“Yep.”   Said Seth, still a little worried about using an ouiji board where they former teacher died.

“Don’t woos out Seth,” Warned Ashlei. “I know where you live and I will hunt you down if I have to.” She said both kiddingly and dead serious.

“Don’t worry I’ll be here.”