Run

Ashlei was at the meeting spot early.  She was sitting on the grass near the bus stop lessening to music on her iPod.   She looked up and saw a man about her age in a long tan trench coat and matching tan hat.  Ashlei caught, and as she did so the man turned and saw her.  They looked into each other’s eyes.

The man before her was Bob.  Bob was covered in blood, and his eyes were dark and look as though he hasn’t slept in weeks.  “Run” he mouthed.  “Run from what?  Bob, we thought you were dead.”  “RUN!” he mouthed franticly.

Ashlei took out her ear buds and started to walk over to him.  “Run from what Bob? You’re starting to scare me,” said Ashlei, fear filling her eyes. 

“Run!” he mouthed.

         “Wake up” said Seth in Ashleis ear, shaking her shoulders.  Ashlei blinked a couple times then looked around.  Ted was standing behind Seth, and Sarah was there too.   There was no sign of Bob ever being on the bench, none what so ever.

         “Bob, where’s Bob”  Ashlei said to Seth and Ted.  Seth, Ted  and Sarah just looked at each other with sad, knowing looks.

         “Ashlei, Bob’s been gone for four months.  You ought to know that.” said Ted. Ashlei stood up, looking at the stop where Bob had been.

         “It seemed so real,” said Ashlei, saddened by what she dreamed of him.  A small, crystal clear tear ran down her cheek. 

            “Lets go,” said Ted, walking toward the woods.  His green hiking backpack bobbing up and down as he climbed the hill.  Seth and Ashlei fallowed Ted.  No one spoke for a while.  They saw children running around the park.  Some in phantom costumes, lady bug costumes, princesses and even one kid with as a grasshopper costume.  The wind had picked up and leafs started to chase each other, always fallowing the wind.