Akari

"Is there something wrong?" she asked, her eyebrows scrunching up a bit.

"No, it's just that I thought you were a guy," I blurted out.

"Is there something wrong with female warriors?" She shot me a piercing look.

"No, I... Uh... You look awesome, and your sword techniques are top-notch," I stammered, trying to smooth things over with compliments.

"Hmm, thank you."

"So why did you remove your helmet?"

"You've gained my acknowledgment, so I deem you worthy to see my face." She spoke with a serious tone, looking me straight in the eyes.

Her beauty was understated yet captivating, with expressive eyes that held a mix of determination and mystery. The strength in her features, complemented by a subtle grace, painted a portrait of a warrior with a unique allure. A confident demeanor adorned her, making her stand out in both strength and subtle elegance.

"Why do you keep staring at me like that? It's uncomfortable," she remarked, a furrow forming on her brow.

"I'm sorry. Anyway, you never told me why you saved me earlier."

"Um right... That man I killed slaughtered my entire clan, so he deserved to be killed by my sword." She stared intensely at her katana, lost in the memories replaying in her mind.

"Why did he do such a thing?" I asked, curiosity etched across my face.

"Power... It's what everyone craves but is tough to get," she replied, her gaze fixed on some distant point.

"But was he already powerful?"

"The heart you have right now boosted his strength." She traced her fingers over the hilt of her katana, lost in thought.

To consider that this is what the client desires raised questions. This tiny object could transform an ordinary person into something close to an unstoppable force. I couldn't help but ponder its potential, wondering about its price tag as we continued our conversation.

"That Heart belonged to my clan, one of our sacred treasures. He stole it for power when he saw it glowing after The Great End. The strong guards were effortlessly killed, and he massacred our entire clan to test his newfound strength," she explained, her grip tightening on the katana, anger etched on her face.

 The strong guards were effortlessly killed, and he massacred our entire clan to test his newfound strength," she explained, her grip tightening on the katana, anger etched on her face

"That wasn't enough, though. He went after other clans, making them vanish, and eventually started killing innocent people in the city just because he felt like it."