CHAPTER 1

AUTHOR POV
The sun cast its warm glow over the Agarwal residence, signaling the start of a new day.  Her mother Roopa's angry, familiar voice startled Sahana out of her sleep.
"Sana, wake up, its 7" Roopa said.
Sahana, wrapped in the warmth of her blankets, let out a groan. "Ughhh, 5 more minutes, Maa," she replied, hoping for a small extension to her morning hibernation. 
Roopa replied, "Sahana! The day won't wait for you, and neither will I! Get out of bed!".

Reluctantly opening her eyes, Sahana saw that her 5-year-old nephew, Reyan, was missing. She questioned, "Maa, where's Reyan? Did he wake up early?"
Roopa answered with a trace of irritation, "Reyan woke up at 6, as usual. You really should follow his schedule, Sana."
Sahana, still half-asleep, muttered, "6 in the morning? That's practically the middle of the night!"
She was aware that her mother would likely scold her as it was typical in their morning routine.

With unwillingness, Sahana got out of bed, her hair messy and her eyes half closed. She got ready for university 

Descending the stairs, Sahana was greeted by the aroma of breakfast wafting through the air

Descending the stairs, Sahana was greeted by the aroma of breakfast wafting through the air. Her family was already at the table.

SAHANA'S POV
I went and sat between Aryan (my cousin) and Abhinav (my brother). 

"Bhaiya, ask your son not to wake up very early. Maa is scolding me because of him." I told my brother.
Abhinav chuckled, "Reyan loves waking up early. You know that. Maybe you should try waking up early too."
"I'd rather sleep in peace," I replied, earning a laugh from Aryan.

I yelled out to Ryan, "Reyan, come here," and he walked from the TV to the table.
Reyan hopped onto my lap and asked "What happened Sana"
"Stop waking up early, Only then i will let you sleep with me every day".
He then turned to Aryan and said, "Aryan uncle, convince Bua to let me sleep with her. It's more fun than sleeping alone."
Aryan, with a playful scolding tone, chimed in, "Sana, you're spoiling the kid. Let him wake up early, it's good for him."
I rolled my eyes, "Oh, come on, Aryan! You're not helping."
Reyan joined in the banter, "Sana, please! It's so much better to sleep with you, Maa and Paa are so boring"
I then looked at my brother to see his reaction oh his kid calling him boring.
Aryan couldn't resist adding his own teasing remark, "Reyan has spoken, and we all know kids never lie."

*AFTER BREAKFAST*

Reyan headed off to school with his backpack swinging. My brother left for work. Manya didi (my brother's wife) was talking to my mother and my aunt (Aryan's mom). Papa and My Chotte Papa (Aryan's father), however, remained in the embrace of sleep today. Their late-night return from London, after meeting my grandparents, had taken a toll on their usual early-morning routine.

I gathered my belongings and prepared for the day ahead.  With a quick goodbye to my family, I headed out to the waiting car. Aryan, always punctual, was ready to take me to the university. 
"Omg, how long will you take?" Aryan asked
Rolling my eyes, I joined him in the car. "Blame my morning routine, not me," I retorted.
As he started the car, changing the topic, I asked, "Did you manage to finish the economics project?". Considering we shared the same classes and university, it was a common concern for both of us.
Aryan chuckled, navigating the car through the morning traffic. "You know me, I didn't finish it yet. The due date is in 2 weeks. We have a lot of time" he admitted with a grin.