CHAPTER 4

Aarav POV

"Aarav, go call Papa, I need to talk to him" I heard my mom, Revati say. I hesitated for a moment, glancing around the room before nodding in acknowledgement. "Sure, Maa" I replied, heading to find my father.

I saw him talking to his best friend's daughter, Sahana. I made my way there. I interpreted their conversation and told my dad "Papa, Maa called you".
He nodded and said "Keep Sahana company until then"
WTF WHY???? OK AARAV ITS GONNA BE RUDE IF YOU SAY SOMETHING. I said to myself and tried starting a conversation with her .
"So, how are you?" I inquired, gesturing for both of them to sit on the couch.
"I am fine. Thank you for asking. How are you?" She asked and sat down.
"Oh, I am fine"I replied showing no emotions. 

I thought of asking about Reyan, her 6-year-old nephew but I didn't cause that kid seemed to not care about his surroundings.

I don't like talking much. I have known Sahana ever since she was born. Sahana was born a few months after her cousin Aryan was born. When me and my family went to meet them cause they were born. I was 5 then. Her brother, Abhinav was 6. 
Our families are very close. Apparently, Sahana's father helped my father in my parent's love story. 
When we were kids, I never really talked to her. I still don't. It's just her smiling when she sees me and I nod. 
Whenever our families meet, it's usually Kabir (my brother) talking to Sahana. I usually talk to her brother. 
But I must say, she is very beautiful now. 

I've always been more reserved, preferring to observe rather than actively engage in conversation.
The only reason I haven't gone to the office today was because my family forced me not to. It's my grandfather's birthday. He was also very reserved, but later apparently grandma changed him. 

I took my phone out of my pocket and started checking in on some documents. 
I heard Sahana cough.
I looked at her and asked "Should I go get water?"
"Ughhh no, I mean your friend's coming so umm I cleared my throat" She said motioning her hand towards the approaching Nihal.
I looked at Nihal giving Sahana a small hug. He just mouthed a hi to me so I was just listening to their conversation cause I would rather listen and observe than talk.
"Wait, I saw Sarayu and Aryan. Did you all fight? Why aren't you with them?" Nihal asked Sahana
I AM SURE SHE'S GIVING SARAYU AND ARYAN SOME ALONE TIME. Everyone knows they like each other.
"We didn't fight" She said
"Ohh, so are you just giving them some time alone?" Nihal asked casually.
"Oh, you know? Howwww?"She asked exaggerating the how.
"We all know. Except for Dhruv of course. It's too obvious" He said.

"Wait Reyan. How are you??" Nihal turned his attention to Reyan.
Just then, a server arrived with glasses of champagne, offering them to us. I took one so did Nihal.
"I'll pass, thanks. I don't drink, it's not good for health" She said, declining the offer.
"I am gonna go now. Byee" She said to both of us. Nihal just patted her back and said "Bye".
She smiled at me. I just nodded. She left with Reyan.
HER SMILE IS KINDA NICE. 'KINDA'.
I have no problem with Sahana, but for some reason, we don't talk. She talks to everyone but me.

Me and Nihal started talking after she left.
"You both looked like a couple. Both of you are in white" Nihal said
I glared at him and asked him to shut up.

With that my grandfather's birthday came to an end!!!

......................................................

Sorry for the short chapter. Gonna start writing a new chapter right now!!!!

Word Count - 610