Chapter 4: February 14th

Ginger flickered her eyes open becoming conscious. Looking in front of her, then behind she realized Junior wasn't there. They fell asleep together the previous night but he happened to be gone.

A yawn came from her mouth as she stretched her legs forward and reached to the side to grab her phone from the nightstand. February fourteenth, Valentine's Day.

Other than their birthday's and Christmas, this is her favorite day of the year. Everything felt exciting today. Giving her boyfriend presents, gifts and endless love. Ginger couldn't wait for the day ahead of her.

In the bathroom she took a hot shower, did her hygiene, worked up slight makeup but not much. She threw on a Kaita Cami top with red binding and a matching skirt then took out leg warmers and brown uggs. After, she left the bathroom and sniffled. She sniffed the air and noticed it smelt of food.

She walked out of the room and ran downstairs. "What smells so. . ."

Ginger walked into the kitchen gasping at the sight. "Is that hash browns!"

She looked at the tray filled with breakfast food. Junior turned around from the stove and went over to her.

"No, no, no! I'm trying to make you breakfast in bed." He pouted, "I'm going for full romance here and you have ruined it."

Ginger snickered looking at the smeared flour on his apron.

"That is very sweet but there's no way you're getting in the way of me and," She moved his arm out of the way. "Bacon!" 

She ran to the island and gasped looking at the feast while Junior followed her. "And biscuits! And oh is that a pouched egg? When did you learn how to pouch?"

"Oh I have the instructions. Turns out books have a lot more useful information than YouTube."

"Hey, I'm impressed." She said picking a hash brown and dropping it in her mouth.

"Happy Valentine's Day love. You look adorable."

He gave her a soft kiss on the cheek and she responded with her mouth half full.

"Havpy Blanetines Day."

He chuckled and went around the counter wiping off the remains of flour with a wet rag.

Ginger sipped on her coffee gulping down the remains of her food. "There is one good thing about not having to work right now."

He glanced at her when she took a seat on the stool. "And what's that?"

"There's more time with you."

A smirked formed on her lips and he smiled affectionately. "You are too cute."

"I know."

He walked over to her and she pulled him down to meet her lips. He leaned towards her, his lips moved in sync with hers as she wrapped her arms around his neck, him holding the sides of her waist.

Ginger leaned away from the kiss. "Ah, you know, it would be cool to cook for you too without burning all our food."

He looked down at her, "Yea— and how many times did that happen?"

"Uhm. ." Her hands went to her face. "Less than four?"

"So three."

Ginger blushed looking away.

"Exactly three times." He said laughing with her. She shook her head in embarrassment and he lifted her chin, kissing her.

Ginger put her head against his chest and closed her eyes. She breathed, intoxicating the scent of his fresh cologne, comfortable and wanting more of his touch. They stood in embrace for longer than anticipated.