Rollercoasters

Divina burst into the dorm. Lizzie and Dahlia were shouting as Dahlia cried and hyperventilated as she tried to get away from her. "What's going on!" She closed the door but didn't move, unsure what she should do yet.

"Long story short, she wants to kill herself!" Lizzie answered. "So if you could help, it'd be appreciated!"

Divina rushed to Dahlia and wrapped her arms around her upper body since Lizzie was holding her waist. "Dolly, it's okay. You're gonna be okay."

"Please, please," was Dahlia began repeating. Like she was begging for Divina to let her kill herself.

Divina cradled her head as tears began to fill her own eyes. She'd never seen Dahlia like this. "Drop. Dolly, just drop."

Dahlia shook her head. She didn't want to age regress right now. She just wanted to die. Why won't they let her die?

"Please, Dolly," Divina pleaded. "You need to calm down. You can hardly breathe. Just drop and we can talk about everything later."

Dahlia shook her head aggressively as she fought the regression that was clawing to the front of her brain.

"It's okay. Just drop."

And with those words, Dahlia stopped moving and her breathing began to slow down. Lizzie finally was able to let go of her, but Divina held on as the now eight year old Dahlia hugged her back and cried softly in her arms. Divina let out a breath of relief and kissed the top of her head.

Lizzie, I don't know if you can hear me right now, but if you can, can you go to my closet and grab the shark hoodie? Divina reluctantly asked in her mind.

Lizzie didn't say anything and just stood up. She went to grab the shark hoodie and gave it to her.

"Hey, little shark," Divina said softly. "I have your hoodie. Do you wanna put it on?" Dahlia silently nodded as her cries began to turn into sniffles. Divina had her pull away and then she helped slip it over her head and put her arms through the holes. "Let's move to the bed, okay?"

She stood up and helped Dahlia to her feet. They went to Dahlia's bed and Divina grabbed her laptop, earbuds, and Lenny The Shark before sitting down against the head of the bed. Dahlia laid down in between her legs with her back leaned into her body. She set up her laptop on Dahlia's lap and brought up Shark Tale for her. She put the earbuds in her ears and handed her Lenny The Shark. She wrapped her arms around her waist and Dahlia never said a word as she began to watch the movie, wiping away her tears and doing the occasional sniffle.

Once Dahlia seemed fully settled, movie completely distracting her, Divina turned to Lizzie who was sitting on the floor with Pippin, gently scratching his head with her pointer finger. "What the hell happened?"

Lizzie blew out a puff of air. "So much."

"Then start talking."

Lizzie looked up at her. "Look, I get the animosity because you're worried about the love of your life, but I'm not your enemy here."

Divina rolled her eyes. Of course Lizzie knows. But she figured she could stand to be a little nicer to the girl who might've just saved Dahlia's life. "Just start explaining, will you?"

"Well, me and Dolly have some sort of connection. Like something is physically connecting us. We have these voices that come from our hearts," she pointed at her own, "but I can't quite hear everything they're saying. When Dolly goes to the spiritual plane she can see and talk to them."

"Vestiges," Divina remembered. "That's what they called themselves when Dolly first saw them."

Lizzie nodded. "Interesting. The only words I can make out from the voices are shards, psychic, and sacrifice. So we have some questions and have been trying to get her back there. She finally did today, but when she came back she was already in the middle of a panic attack. Her mind was spiraling, but I guess something is coming. Something dangerous. Something that could kill her. I guess a guy said she was going to die again. Like she already had before. Something about saving her a third time. That something or someone is all doomed. She was thinking that maybe it's going to be fault. That she won't be enough for whatever's coming. From there she started thinking that she's not enough for anyone. Her parents. You. I guess the guy wanted her to die. She said she should've a long time ago. That killing herself would just be fixing that mistake. And yeah."