02 ] dinner with the boys

.

.

.

I took out the box that was inside the shopping bag and opened it. It turned out to be a plant covered in fairly bright lights. This is really what I needed in this plain apartment. God, she knows what I need at the right time.

"Aweee, Kaylaa, this is so cute," I say as I get up and hug her.

"Gosh, what are you going to do without me?" She says it sarcastically.

But it's true. What would i do without you?

"By the way, what are you going to do about work? I heard the station here is quite chaotic." She continued.

"Agh, I don't know. I just really hope it's not like Birmingham." I say it in a low, anxious voice. "For now, I will just concentrate on moving in and all the plans; then I will get to that."

"Hey.. I'm sure it won't be the same at all. It's totally different for totally different people. You have nothing to worry about." She says, smiling. "Now why don't I help you out with folding these clothes so we can finally take a break??"

"But I'm still -"

"Shut it. You've already done half of the house. Take a break." She answers as if she were my mother.

"Fine, fine. By the way, the boys were thinking, "

Timeskip:

We got out of the car, looking around.

Multiple mansion like houses scattered around us, which made us curious of where the exact location is.

"Mate, are you sure this is the place?" Kayla asks from the seat next to mine.

"I mean, that's what Jack sent me," I answer as we look around. "Hold up; I will text him."

▪︎▪︎▪︎¤

Jack ❣️

Oh, okay, can you send the location??

Sent 3:09 pm

Yea, sure, hold up.
Sent 3:10 pm

*location sent*
Sent 3:12 pm

Yo Jack
We are here.

Sent 7:43 pm

Hey, this is Jack's friend, Phil.
Jack is in the bathroom. I'm guessing you're Riley?
Hold on, I will come open the door for you.
Sent 7:44 pm

Oh, okay, thanks, Phil.

Sent 7:44 pm

▪︎▪︎▪︎¤

We sat in the car waiting for a while until a tall Eminem-looking guy came into our view, looking around.

"That's him, right?" I say, pointing at the man.

"Are you serious?" Kayla said, looking dumbfounded at me. "That's literally your brother's best friend, and he's literally one of the most well-known players in Manchester City."

"I know, just making sure. you know?" I say, staring at him.

"Anyways, we should probably get out now,"  Kayla says with a smile on her face.

"Uhm, yeah, okay," I respond as we get out of the car and wave at him. He saw us and asked us to get inside since the weather was pretty cold.

This mansion is huge, woah. He leads us inside. Jack said that the whole team was supposed to be there.

We spot Jack on his phone; I'm guessing he was reading the chat between me and him. He then looked up at us and greeted us.

He then told us to sit down with everyone until the food got here. "What did you guys order?" Kayla asks.

"Oh, we got pizza, if that's okay with you guys," Phil answers.

The night went on, and we ate the pizza in the backyard since the sky was really pretty. Jack told me that this was Bernardo's house. Bernardo Silva, hm.

Later, some of the boys started juggling a ball around. The pizza was good, the atmosphere was just so refreshing, and the view was amazing.

It was quite the night.

I got up from my seat to go drink some water from the water dispenser since I got a bit thirsty. Gosh, this is just the start. Maybe Manchester really will be different.

"How do you like it here in Manchester?" A voice asks. I turned around in shock as it caught me off guard. "Oh my bad, I didn't mean to scare you, my bad," Phil said, smiling, placing his hand up in defeat.

"O-oh no, it's okay, I was just in deep thought. It's only still my first day, but I'm positive Manchester will be delightful, " I answer him as I take a sip from my water.

"That's great to hear. You know Manchester welcomes you with warm arms." He chuckles.

"Thank you really, I appreciate it."

"By the way, Jack said you were looking for a place as a police officer, am I right?" He added with a smile.

"Yea, uh... I'm a detective. I used to work in the station in Birmingham, but.. I decided to move here now." I corrected.

"Oh wow, you know..my cousin... She's actually the service division commander in the Manchester station. I can introduce you to her if you want?" He confesses enthusiastically. He smiles at me.

A genuine smile coming from someone i just met today is definitely ordinary.

"Oh my god? That would be great. Thank you so much, Phil." I thanked him. That's actually so nice of him.

"I can text you her number. Hold up, can I get your phone for a second?" He asks.

"Oh yeah," I answer as I take my phone out of my pocket and put my cup away.

"There. I will text you her number when I get home. I kind of forgot my phone at my house." He says while he puts his hands on the back of his head nervously.

"Thanks again, Phil. This means a lot to me," I said.

"No problem, by the w-" he was cut off by one of the guys calling out for him. "I- uhm, I will probably go back now. Good luck?" He added.

"Yeah, alright," I answered while taking my cup again and refilling it.

"Hey, what was that all about?" Kayla says while walking around like a zombie.

"Hey you, did you drink?? Gosh, Kayla, you can't even stand alcohol." I scolded her.

"Don't worry, now why was Phil giving youuu his phone number?? Don't you think I didn't notice, huuu? " she says, nudging me from the side.

"Goodness gracious Kayla he was giving it to me so he can send me his cousins... you know what, forget it. Let's get you home. "

"You know something," she said. "I think he's hitting on you, but just using that cousin's excuse to get your number. I know them, boys, " she added, but before she could blurt out any more nonsense, I put my hand on her mouth. "How about we go home now."

I announced that we were leaving, and after we said our goodbyes to everybody, I stuffed Kayla into the damn car after what felt like an hour of her fighting me. Gosh, I feel like a mother whose child doesn't want to leave the house to school.

What was she even fighting for anyway about... probably my brother? Disgusting.

I take Kayla to my house because I don't even know where the fuck she lives and She was already fast asleep in the car. I ended up calling it a day because I was tired as fuck.

Word count: 1206