04 ] police station

.

.

.

12th of December.

It's finally been a week since I moved in. It's the day I'm finally going to the Manchester City police station, but before that, I'm going to text Phil's cousin about some stuff I need to make sure of. 

Phil sent me her number yesterday, but I couldn't get myself to call her, to be honest. Today, I decided to get my shit together and text her.

I really want to make a good first impression since I might work at the same station as her.

----
[ Phil foden's cousin ]

Hello, I'm one of Phil's friends.

Sent 11:26

Um, I wanted to ask you a few questions about the station you currently work at.

Sent 11:27

since I was considering working there. I used to work as a detective at my old station.

Sent 11:27

--

I put my phone down and stared at the ceiling, recalling what happened in the car with Kayla a few days ago. Did she really mean it? Fuckin hell.

I get up from the couch and open the fridge, searching for anything to eat. shit, I forgot to buy groceries. Guess no breakfast.

I grabbed an empty glass, but as I was about to fill the glass up with water, my phone buzzed, making me look at where it was.

I put the glass on the counter and walked to the couch to grab my phone.

3 new messages.

I quickly opened my phone to check what she said.
---

[ Fodens cuz ]

Hello, I'm one of Phil's friends.

Sent 11:26

Um, i wanted to ask you a few questions about the station you currently work at.
Sent 11:27

since I was considering working there. I used to work as a detective at my old station.
Sent 11:27

Hi, omg ofc go ahead.
Sent 11:32

Phil told me about you.
We could call?
Sent 11:32

Yea, good idea. I will call you.

Sent 11:33

===

"Hi,"

"Hey, "

"Okay, so, uhm, like I said, I used to work as a detective at Brimingham Station for about 3 years, but I moved here a week ago. The question is, will I be able to work as a detective with you guys? Do I need certain verifications?" I ask.

"Yeah, of course! If you were to join the Manchester City station, there is a possibility that you could still work as a detective. buttt, it's important to keep in mind that specific requirements and procedures may vary between different police departments or stations. In our case, though, I believe it would be better to reach out to the relevant authorities or human resources department here. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate information regarding job titles and responsibilities. i've been working here for about 4 years, so im sure the whole system has changed.. " She answers. Damn, she knows what she's talking about.