01 ] day one

.

.

.

.

2nd of December.

"Yah, moving in is really a pain in the ass," I whine as I grab another bag from the moving truck.

"Ril, you literally didn't carry except for like 3 bags till now. Get a grip." My older, loving brother, Jack, scolds me.

"Shh, there is a reason I called you to help me," I say as I put the bag beside the others inside the apartment.

"Speaking of which, wasn't your friend going to come to help you with the whole moving-in thing??" He says curiously.

"Why are you asking?" I say, smirking. "She says she has some stuff to run in the agency, but she will come later," I continue.

"No reason, just curious, and that's great."

"What? Do you want to hang around for a bit more??"

"Uhm. Well. Actually, I don't think I can. The boys and I have plans." He puts the last bag onto the floor. " You know, why don't you guys come over for dinner later?"

"Dinner? Like the whole team dinner?" I stretch my back.

He nods.

"Hm, sure, I don't know if I will be able to finish all this on time, though. Kayla was going to get food with her. I will see and text you. Just text me the place and time." I answered.

"Alright, I think this is the last bag. Do you need any help with anything else?" He asks, and he puts both his hands on his torso.

"No, I don't think so. Thanks for helping out."

"No problem; I know I'm such a good brother," he says sarcastically.

"Oh, please," I answered mockingly.

"Anyway, I better get going. Welcome to Manchester, Riley." He says as he leaves the apartment.

Gosh, this is going to be a long evening. Where do I even start?

Timeskip:

"HELLO YOU, SCRUMCHUS BITCH" I hear a familiar voice coming from the front door. Did I leave it open? Damn.

"Oh heyy Kayla," I say, peaking my head from the bedroom as I finish up my clothes in the drawer.

She looks around the apartment, then spots the room I'm in and runs to me. "DUDE, THIS APARTMENT IS SO NICE. YOU LUCKY ASS."

I chuckle annoyingly, "Lower your voice; I still do have neighbors. I don't live in a mansion like you.''

"Op- sorry. I just got excited. Anyways, I got you a lil something!!" She says as she puts a huge shopping bag in front of me.

"Oh my days, what is all this?" I say, looking at the bag.

"Well, since you're moving into a new apartment and a new city, I thought of getting you a little thing to remind you of the first day you moved here," I say, smiling.

" Awe, how thoughtful. Thank you, mate." I open up the bag to see an envelope, a box, and a box of chocolate.

"It's like a little welcome gift, hah."

"Wait, but when did you even... Weren't you supposed to be at the agency today???" I say curiously.

"Darling, I was off today. I'm sorry I didn't come by and help you with moving in. I did go to the mall this morning, though." She says in a guilty tone.

"It's okay. Jack came by anyway. He helped out a lot." I start by opening the envelope.

"What is this?" It felt like paper.

"Open it!" She says excitedly.

I opened an envelope that wasn't even sealed. "kayla...are these tickets a Man City game?" I ask, looking at the tickets in my hand.

"Yes, yes, since you are here now, it wouldn't be weird if I went alone to watch their games. it's on the 16th, by the way."

"Are you implying that you go to their games occasionally?" I say dumbfounded.

Ive known kayla for a while, although i had no idea she had the littlest interest on football..

"Uhm, ANYWAY, WHY DONT YOU OPEN THE NEXT THING?"

"Lower your voice!!! God." I scolded her.

"Sorry!" She answers.

I take the next thing and look at her. "God, this isn't even my birthday, and you got me tickets and a chocolate box. What's next FIFA 2025???."

"You wish; maybe I will actually," she says, looking at the ceiling, thinking that would be a good idea.

"Gosh, you're a pain."

"Be grateful, you little shit."

"Yea yea. Mother."
.

.

.

Word count: 734

how's the book so farr?