05 ] interview

.

.

.

As I enter the office, she is met by a lady who's sitting at the desk. Without raising her head, she says, "Good evening. You're Riley, I assume?"

"Yes, that's me. Good evening to you too," I say as I get closer, and she nods as she rises from her seat

"I'm Rebecca, the division commander of the human resources department." she extends her right hand for a handshake."Follow me, please."

Riley takes her right hand and shakes it. She follows the resource commander to another office. the room was like any other empty investigation room. dark blue walls, a greyish floor, a desk, and three chairs.. The woman then took a seat at the chair facing the door while I sat at the one facing the empty blue wall.

"Alright, Riley..."

Rebecca leans towards the table and grabs three different files. I'm guessing those are mine. She goes through the first and starts talking.

"So, I've looked through your profile. You've been in Birmingham your whole life until recently, correct?" She asks.

"Yes, that is correct." I nod.

"Detective?" Rebecca asks, opening the second file and going through its contents.

"Mhm, I was working as a detective in the Birmingham police headquarters." I nodded.

"I see... "The woman opens the third file and takes a quick look at the contents. She takes a deep breath and looks straight at me. Oh god, she's intimidating.

"Okay, let's go to the hard part. What was the reason for your quitting?" She asks, taking her glasses off and looking at the folder in front of her.

"Well, I was the only female. My former coworkers weren't the most welcoming, and I just. wanted to live near my older brother," I say, not to mention the worst part.

Rebecca raises an eyebrow, a little bit surprised, but composes herself quickly.

"I see. As the only female in the human resources department, I don't have to mention that working in a team dominated by men can be.... very difficult... Was your relationship with your coworkers the main reason you quit?" she asks.

"Not mainly, but it held a strong point, yes," I answer. These questions have a very personal tone. what in the world?

"Okay... Do you mind me asking you, in which way were they disrespectful towards you? I mean, why weren't they welcoming?" She asks, leaning closer.

"Uhm, I'm not very comfortable talking about that, so if we can move to more professional questions, that would be great," I answer, smiling.

"No problem. I understand. This is, in fact, a very sensitive topic." Rebecca gives a small smile. I watch as she checks through the last file and stops.

"We'll move on to another subject. You have a degree in criminal investigation, right?"

"Yes ma'am," I answer with a smile relieved about the subject change.

"Good to know. And you have experience working as a detective in the Birmingham police headquarters. do you think your work was good?" she asks her 100th question.

"Yes. I think that even if working there wasn't exactly a perfect experience, I did my job well. I did manage to solve most of the cases, so yes." I answer.

Rebecca leans back onto the seat, folding her hands, while still smiling.

"You know, I gotta admit that I like your way of thinking. In Birmingham, you face simple crimes while here you'll face more complex ones. And, even worse, organized crime. And you're still up for a challenge? Not many girls your age would do that."

I shrug at her statement and fake chuckle..uhm..

"Anyway, I think that's about it..we will be contacting you soon. I will report back to the headquarters.. you may leave..." she places the papers on the desk.

"One more thing... how many days should I wait..?" I ask, standing up from my seat.

"Well...at least five business days," the older woman says. "Don't worry, it shouldn't be more than that.."

I nod and whisper a thank you leaving the room...well, that was one hell of an interview.

timeskip:

"Roooo, how did it go?" I hear the voice of the one and only kayla mcadams coming from my phone as a drove home from the station.

"Whats up with the nickname?" I chuckle amused by the sudden change of nicknames.

"Just experimenting, but dont ignore my question," she answered me through the call.

I sigh recalling the interview.. "Well, it was a very interesting interview... honestly, i'm not sure i will be accepted. I'd be lucky. The intervewee didn't seem to like me very much." I say not going into full detail about what she said exactly as i took another u-turn.

"Hey! Dont think about it too much. How about some ice cream later tomorrow? It will cheer you up. I was going to say so today, but they need me till 11 pm at the agency today.." she says in a cheerful tone.

"Oh. Are you on a break right now?" I ask.

"Hm, i guess you could say that."

Then we went into silence..comfortable silence. It's my favorite type of silence. Peace. Bound to be broken.

"Well, i should get going now..dont you forget about our ice cream date tomorrow, yea? Meet me at the park." She breaks the since in a comforting but a sweet whispering tone.

"Alright then..good byes," i answered.

"Adios, ry"

I smile to myself as i put my phone down..

timeskip:

I ended up spending the whole day on my bed binging on some thrill movies while snacking here and there with no solid meal..damn, i didn't even have dinner. Oh, well.

I did text my brother and tell him about almost everything. He said the team and him are wishing me luck. I did need it. told me that im worrying too much, and i should let it go a little, but i just can't.

Though it wasn't that long, i felt like i spent hours on my bed. Best times. if i was going to get a job sooner or later, then i should probably spend some time alone and free..

.

.

.

Word count:1044

If there are any errors, please do tell. <3 appericate all the comments.