Intro - The Aftermath

Alastor POV:

I was completely drenched with my blood, and although it did taste most splendid my garments were left in tatters. I made a mental note to visit my tailor once I was back in the physical state to do so as I unbuttoned my shirt to survey my wounds.

shit...I had outdone myself this time... I silently cursed as I peeled my blood-soaked shirt off my body, the pain was overwhelming... not from my wounds but the mere fact that I had failed. I had let the stuck-up, foolish man get the better of me. "Adam..." his name left a bad taste in my mouth. I had little hope for the others to fare against him without me.

His strike had made me feel just so... weak. I shook the thought out of my head, with the number of overlords I had slain I couldn't even begin to describe myself as such. I could still hear their trapped souls screaming... I felt myself salivating at the thought as I began to dress my wounds.

"What about me..." I glanced down and saw my radio staff lying on the ground still broken, "Oh right... not to worry I'll have you fixed in a jiffy." I say as I pick up the staff and smile widely... nothing happens. "What..." I whisper, my magic wasn't working. I couldn't fix my staff. Had Adam's attack temporarily weakened me?

*A few hours later* 3rd Person POV:

"STAB STAB STAB! AHAHAHAHAHAA HAHAHAHA" Niffty squealed as she stabbed the angel to death from behind. Her every plunge causes her enthusiasm to grow as the golden blood spurts out of him.

The others stare in complete shock and admiration as Adam dies to Niffty of all people.

The video ends, switching back to Katie Killjoy. Charlie smiles proudly as turns to look at Alastor's reaction.

"The man deserved to die to the very beings he belittles. Well done, Niffty!" Alastor's saliva drips onto the ground as he smiles widely at the tiny old TV screen. He had picked out a new pair of clothes and left his broken staff in his (now fixed) radio tower. The others were surprised he had made it out alive and all had thought he had sacrificed himself for his 'friends'. Even the thought made him chuckle a little. Foolish...

He was still salty he had lost but refused to show any sign of weakness. All it took was simply covering up all his battle scars and feigning confidence despite his temporary weakness. His trail of thought was cut off as Niffty began to jump.

"AHAHAHA STAB STAB STAB!" Niffty celebrates jumping up and down and hyperventilating at the very thought.

"Calm down, Niffty." Charlie pulls her into an embrace as she sits on their new sofa and sighs. She'd had a long day of fixing the hotel with her dad and wasn't about to risk Niffty losing her focus from cleaning... because there was a lot to do.

"Are you okay?" Vaggie sat down next to her girlfriend and put a hand on her shoulder. She knew her girlfriend was really worn out from rebuilding and cleaning up the hotel all day.

Charlie turned and beamed at her "Of course I am! We did it!" She smiled successfully. They had indeed done it, they'd won the battle and prevented the early extermination from happening which would've killed so many sinners. But... it had been at a cost. Sir Pentious was no more. However, there was a memorial made of him in the lobby and he hadn't died in vain.

*meanwhile*

Angel dust sauntered up to the brand-new bar and plopped down on a bar stool, "Whatcha doin' whiskers~"

Husked groaned and looked up from his drunken haze, "Drinking... whats it look like I'm doing?"

Angel dust leans against the table and smirks "Y'know all this war n' all has made me feel kinda hot~ Whatcha say we-"

"-no." Angel dust huffed and rolled his eyes. He wasn't used to being refused but it was clear Husk seemed to be going through something and trying to get his mind off it. He was drinking a lot... well more than he usually does anyway.

His eyes looked glassy and distant and he rested his head in his arms wearily. His fur looked so soft and Angel so badly wanted to touch it, perhaps this was his chance. Angel dust silently got behind the counter and sat next to the practically blacked-out husk. He cautiously used one of his hands to gently caress the fur on top of his head and it was probably the softest thing he'd ever felt.

He heard gentle purrs in the place of snores as Husker slept peacefully with his head in his arms. "Ohh whiskers~ you're such a cutie~" Angel dust whispered, careful to not wake him.

Angel dust decided to carefully lift him from his position with 4 arms and walked upstairs to his room. After all, having many arms n' all wasn't just useful for you know what, but also shooting people and carrying things. He knew he was stronger than he gave himself credit for.

As he set Husker down in his bed and tucked him in carefully he felt a warmth in his chest in hadn't felt in many years. He knew he was crushin' on the guy but he didn't expect it to feel so... strong.

*meanwhile with the Vees*

"Fucking pussy bitch... I can't fucking believe he got away~!" Vox whined in his room as he casually scrolled on Voxtagram to spy on the residents of the hotel.

Ideally, he would access their phones or watches or cameras but everything in that damn hotel was so fucking old. From what he found he was glad at least the dumb snake was dead twice since he couldn't even do the simple task he gave him. All he needed to do was plant cameras around the hotel but he ended up getting caught by one of Val's whores!

He felt Vark (his loyal pet hammerhead shark) snuggle against him and calmed down a little.

"Thanks, Vark... I just wish I could show that old prick who's really in charge." Vox leaned his screen against the shark who snuggled closer before suddenly jumping up and begging for a treat.

"Okay fine... you deserve one more. But don't push it!" He smiled softly and gave Vark a shark treat who then gave him an appreciative sharp-toothed smile and walked away.

He clicked off his Voxtagram feed which was mostly multiple posts made by Velvette, who posted way too much, and clicked on Charlie's profile to see what was going on in the hotel. There were many pictures of the show-offs smiling and rebuilding it with Lucifer, he zoomed in to get a closer look. Was that... Alastor?

He could just barely see a couple of pixels of a blurred figure walking away and barely in the frame.

Vox's voice became staticky and deeper and his screen began to glitch "I'll destroy you."

———————

Author's notes:

With Alastor weakened and Vox on the lookout for revenge. Will he make it out alive? Find out next chap :3 There will also be additional ships as we
progress :)) so dw (some you may not even expect)

Please vote if you liked it! :)