CHAPTER 12

"You'll remember me, not for what I said, but for what I did."

-----

PENNSYLVANIA, TWO DAYS LATER

-----

Today marks the turning point, the moment I seize control of my destiny, reclaiming the stolen fragments of my soul.

Today, I will come face to face with my father.

To confront him, to witness the man who shattered my life, and to exact a vengeance more devastating than he could ever imagine.

Today I will fulfill the wish I've harbored since childhood-to obliterate Hades Palamon from existence.

He will rue the day he brought me into this world. He will beg for mercy, pleading as I tear him apart, piece by agonizing piece.

In the days leading up to this pivotal moment, Akkeil has been tirelessly working to secure our entry into the familiar domain of Dominic Grasin-the National Grasin Ball, a charity event aimed at raising awareness for breast cancer.

Throughout it all, we've maintained the facade, pretending that our kiss was nothing more than a drunken mistake.

But beneath the surface, the tension simmers, a potent brew of desire and restraint.

I pull the car into the driveway of Grasin's modest abode. Despite his wealth, the exterior of the house exudes a sense of mediocrity, its pristine white facade betraying the darkness lurking within. Perched atop a hill, secluded from prying eyes, it stands as a bastion of privilege amidst a sea of anonymity.

Akkeil had stationed himself in a van parked just outside the property, monitoring us through the surveillance cameras scattered throughout Grasin's home, where the ball was to take place.

Our mission is to discreetly install our own cameras and audio devices disguised as cleaning supplies, infiltrating the mansion under the guise of maids.

Dina and I were assigned the aliases Fiona Wise and Geralda Wise, purported sisters from a European country. We were instructed to maintain our cover, adding a hint of accent to our speech, and to avoid drawing attention to ourselves.

As we stepped out of the car, carrying our cleaning supplies, Akkeil's voice crackled through the earpiece, sending shivers down my spine with its commanding tone. "Don't cause a scene, stay composed, and remember your cover. No room for error, and no distractions, Dina."

Dina groaned softly under her breath, muttering something incomprehensible as we approached the entrance. I glanced at her, exchanging a smile before she addressed me, her voice laced with playful anticipation. "Ready to get our hands dirty, Mare?"

I couldn't help but smile in return, the thrill of the mission coursing through my veins. "Absolutely," I replied, matching her enthusiasm.

With a twist of the doorknob, I pushed open the front door, announcing our presence loudly. "LADY'S MAIDS!"

Dina and I entered the opulent foyer, taking in the grandeur of the surroundings-the polished marble floors, the intricate decorations adorning the walls, and the expansive windows offering a glimpse of the outside world. It was clear that we were stepping into a world of luxury and privilege, a stark contrast to the grim reality lurking beneath the surface.

I adjusted my red-haired wig, feeling Dina's shove urging me to stop fidgeting and focus. Akkeil's voice came through the earpiece, " You need to install the security pieces in his office, the adjacent bathroom, the master bedroom, the living room, the kitchen, and all possible entry points."