Chapter 3

1 hour later-

Edison spoke on the intercom from the cockpit with Jason. "Gentlemen and lady, cough cough Jason," Edison said.

Jason glared at him and chuckled.

"Attention passengers, we have arrived at our destination, where we will have to embark upon our journey on foot to avoid detection in the airwaves."

"Alright team, night vision goggles on, and let's roll," Chase said.

Josh woke from his nap and cracked his knuckles and neck. Allen let out a deep relieving sigh, Blake pulled and released the charging handle to chamber his bullet.

Joey took off his camouflage jacket and adjusted his bulletproof vest then placed the jacket back on.

Edison landed the plane, and the team all quickly exited through the back but Jason and Edison were still inside.

"Well great, not only are we in this hot desert, but it's god-dang nighttime out in this mug," exclaimed Allen as he placed his hand over his face.

"Allen shut your trap," Chase ordered.

In the cockpit, Jason opened up the onboard computer inside the plane and began typing. "Just now starting?" Edison asked.

"Yeah because they most likely have motion sensors in these dunes, and were too far for me to hack anything inside," Jason said.

"Understood, hack what you can, soldier," Edison acknowledged.

Jason nodded. Edison's heart began racing in his chest as he walked towards the exit; he laid against the wall and took a deep breath to calm himself as he leaned behind a nearby wall. He whispered, "Th— This is crazy, yet here we are." He steadied his breathing and glanced at Jason as he was working. Jason took a small piece out of the computer then removed glasses from his fanny pack pouch and placed it inside.

"These glasses will allow us to capture evidence of what they have going on inside the facility," Jason said.

"What you got there, spy glasses equipped with some kind of camera?" Edison asked.

"Yeah, this should make things easier rather than bringing a digital SLR camera as if we're new reporters, digging and searching for a story," Jason replied as he cracked a smirk.

"That'll come in handy, alright if that's everything let's go," Edison said.

Jason closed the computer and Edison powered off the plane. Jason and Edison came out of the plane. "This everybody?" Edison asked.

"Yes sir," Allen said sarcastically.

"Alright team, let's move," Jason said.

"Pretty sure we will be moving north from here," Chase said.

Joey made his voice similar to Edison's and said, "That is correct, soldier." Then he laughed.

Unit 7 embarked on their journey through the scorching yet shadowy desert. Under the starlit sky, they navigated the sandy dunes of the Sahara, their path illuminated by the moonlight. "Are we there yet?" asked Joey.

"No Joey, we aren't doing this," Chase said.

"Dude we can still see the plane from here," Allen said, chuckling and pointing.

Joey turned around and spotted the plane as Blake shook his head. They kept walking, and then they all reacted as they heard the noises of the desert from the sounds of a rattling snake from the east and a hooting owl from the south.