Chapter 5

Early that morning

Day 1-

Jason awoke with a yawn so great his eyes watered. A bright light shined in his face. He surveyed the space, taking in everything, and searching for exit points as well.

This place... It appears to be a workshop or lab of some sort. There are a couple of tools. Like this place does surgery.

He notices a man across the room on a computer he shouts out "Aye, what was yo name again? Moron-do?!"

Dr. Morando stood up from his rolling chair and aggressively slammed his fist on the desk, and shouted, "It's Morando!"

Jason chuckled and said, "My bad, jeez, so where's your boss? I have questions for him." The slide doors open and Chacal walks inside.

"Good Morning Doctor, Good morning Mr. Moore," Chacal greeted.

"Good Morning Jack— Wait, how'd you—?" Jason asked, confused.

Chacal chuckled, smirking as he spoke. "Mr. Moore, we are the Mastervale! We uncover everything we want to know. When you're connected to the right people, they help you get what you need. I've learned a few things about you: your father left when you were 13, taking your little sister with him. I also discovered you had a baby brother who passed away shortly after birth. And your mother? She's juggling four jobs."

Jason stared at him with a blank stare. "I think you should stop talking," He suggested.

"Oh, but there's more! Your grandfather bravely fought in World War II, and you learned about his heroism while growing up

Jason began to shed a tear

"Oh... No, no! Don't start getting all emotional on me now. Where did the funny guy go, huh?" Chacal asked.

"Sorry, jokes are on empty when my stomach is," Jason said.

Chacal shook his head while palming it. "Right, I have to feed you all."

"Oh, wow you're seriously gonna feed us? You're the nicest jailer I ever met," Jason mocked.

"Shut up before I change my mind. Now Doctor what form of torture will we be doing today?" Chacal asked.

"I'm glad you asked sir. Today, Thursday will be waterboard day," Doctor Morando replied.

With a sigh, Chacal said. "Waterboarding. My fave."

Doctor Morando said excitedly, "Spelidid, I'll retrieve the bucket of water."

"I'll keep our guest occupied. Doctor Morando nodded and left the room. Chacal said, "So Camp Echo...You know you're not the first team to infiltrate here to take down our operation."

"That's right, I wanted to speak with you about that. What happened to the others?" Jason questioned.

Chacal chuckled and replied, "Good question, they're around, in more ways than one."

"Well that's not creepy at all. Has anyone escaped?" Jason questioned.

"Hm, many have tried, all have failed. The best escape was probably this one guy." Chacal laughed, "No time for a trip down memory lane."

He reached into his back pocket and slowly walked towards Jason, who was tied to the chair. "This is an interrogation, not storytime," he said with a grin.

He quickly struck his neck with a taser, causing him to yell loudly in shock.

Allen's cell