lair

the explosions finally stopped after hours of izuku starting his hunt. at the end, nearly 200 people were arrested and over a thousand were killed. and nearly just as much of people were escorted out of the slums. even more guards arrived to help him out and izuku was thankful. once everything died down, izuku noticed that sun was setting. 

izuku returned to the guild hall to see both the guild master still here. 

izuku: "good you are here. now come with me."

the two then left to his office leaving a nervous horde of rookies and clerks. in his office izuku explained what was going on. and the letter he had confirmed that.

gm: "what an we do sir? nobody here is equipped for this."

izuku: "I know. I will give everyone instructions. in the worst case situation, it should allow you to at least last longer."

gm: ".......and what would that be?"

izuku: "the demon is here and I am not I will take you to the castle and you coordinate things with the baron. I already told him whats going on so he must made up to date with what must be done."

with that they left the building and izuku simply grabbed the man and rushed to the castle. once reaching near the castle gates, they saw an open field filled with tents. there were also a lot of carts carrying people and supplies. izuku chucked.

izuku: 'glad the baron is taking his seriously.'

once entering, izuku head to where the baron was. once meeting with him they coordinated the plan.

izuku: "I got a set of flares with me. they are enchanted with magic to be much more effective. they will even work well in night sky. yellow will mean i found their lair. orange will mean demon is here and I am about the fight it, green will mean everything is fine and the threat has passed. and finally red flare, this one is the one you need to pay most attention to. it means demon is not here. and I need to hunt it or search for it. all of you have to prepare the moment you see it. make sure everyone is safe in the castle and the defenses are ready. make sure you pick trustworthy people on the lookout."

intelli: "it will be done."

gm: "what else?"

izuku: "did you checked the criminals?"

captain: "no why?"

izuku: "I will use some of them for bait. since it likes isolated prays, it will hunt them down one by one. that should at least delay the worst case senario. find the criminals and interrogate them, ones with the worst crimes will be used for bait. think of it as a productive execution. I will wait until you are done."

captain: "wouldnt it be better if you use life stock? it would buy you time."

izuku: "yes. but at the same time, we are dealing with too much uncertainties. and after some time, animals wont satisfy it anymore. not to mention live-stock will be more useful as the time passes and the criminals will only get more unmanageable for you in the same duration. I got one more idea but I am not sure. I need to check something before I decide."

they both nodded and izuku left the room. while walking someone shouted his name turning backwards he saw saiko and sylvie approach him cheerfully. next to them was lina and there was also woung woman using stretchers to walk. she looked just like lina but then the womans features gained his attention. she was quite young. she didntlook that much older than saiko or slyvie. maybe he would ask that later. izuku smiled seeing saiko was in much better condition and lina was also really cheerful. she run up to him and hugged his leg. 

lina: "thank you sir!!! thank you so much!!!! the doctor was able to help mommy!!! we also ate a lot today!!!"

 izuku smiled and patted her head.