Chapter 5: Schweitzer

They were both in the library again, huddled together subtly. They didn't notice, but their body heat was what kept them so warm.

"Fuckin' hell..." whispered "Ghost", "Did they crank up the heat here?"

"I don't know. Anyway, the x is a what?" said Albert Schweitzer sweetly. They had gotten much closer to each other over the past few days. "Ghost" even didn't push Albert Schweitzer around in the hallways anymore.

"X is a variable," answered "Ghost" jadedly. He cracked his neck and ran his fingers against his scar.

"Yup- hey, Simon...what's that on your neck?" asked Albert Schweitzer, pointing cutely at his scar.

"My father- I mean I-I accidentally uhh... sliced myself with uhh... a sharp pencil," blurted "Ghost", who had gotten used to being called Simon instead of "Ghost".

"Simon...are you alright?" asked Albert Schweitzer softly, slightly grabbing "Ghost's" chin and inspecting his scar himself. It didn't look like a "pencil scar" to Albert Schweitzer. He gasped audibly in German when he figured out what it was.

"Simon! Is that a knife cut?! What did your father do?" shrieked Albert Schweitzer, running his hands over his neck, almost strangling "Ghost".

"It's nothing! My father just gets mad sometimes, alright? It's not a big deal," spat "Ghost" dismissively, who would much rather return to doing his Chemistry homework than talk about his dad.

Albert Schweitzer looked at "Ghost" misty-eyed. He suddenly wrapped his arms around him, burying his face in his neck.

"Hey- what the hell d'you think you're doing?" spluttered "Ghost", incredibly flustered to be hugged in the middle of a library.

"I'm hugging you, Simon. I know what it feels like to be...pushed around like you're nothing too," whispered Albert Schweitzer, who was now softly stroking "Ghost's" blond, manly hair.

"Ghost" was about to grumble in response until he heard Albert Schweitzer's last sentence.

"I'm sorry for how I treated you. Can you maybe...forgive me?" mustered "Ghost", fumbling with his hands nervously.

"It's alright, it wasn't you. I was in middle school and the kids used to bully me and my friends for being...gay." Albert Schweitzer said the last word in a whisper. He was usually proud to admit he was homosexual, but something about "Ghost" made it harder for him. Albert Schweitzer's heart jumped whenever he thought of the words "gay" and "Ghost" together.

"Oh, you're gay?" asked "Ghost". He said it in a curious tone rather than a mocking one, which heavily shocked Albert Schweitzer.

"Uhm...yes," said Albert Scheitzer quickly. His pearly, pale face soon flushed with embarrassment, making his face quite red.

"I'm actually bisexual!" said "Ghost" with an odd amount of excitement, in contrast to his usual moody attitude.

"Really?" questioned Albert Schweitzer hopefully.

"Mhm!" "Ghost's" electrifying brown eyes twinkled. He took Albert Schweitzer's soft hands into his own rough ones, "I'm so glad I found people...well, like us! I thought me and my friends were the only ones!"

Albert Schweitzer giggled as "Ghost's" hands brushed his. The touch was simply too electrifying; he felt as if he could hold his hand for eternity. They clutched onto each other's hands, which were now gleaming with sweat. They breathed heavily as the excitement slowly died down.

"Uh, sorry. I didn't mean to do that...you nerd," muttered "Ghost", returning to his reserved and spiteful tone. He retreated his hands back and made sure Albert Schweitzer saw him wipe his hands on his black cargo pants.

"Oh...I'm sorry," sniffed Albert Schweitzer timidly. A blush still coated his skin and his heartbeats were uncomfortably fast. Ghost slumped back into his chair and went back to doodling penises on his Chemistry work.

Little did the pair know, "Ghost's" girlfriend, Farah Karim, heard and saw everything. From the way her boyfriend admitted he was bisexual to the way they held each other's hands. She didn't even have a clue that his father was abusing him.

Did he really hate her that much to keep the most basic things away from her? Now that Farah thought about it, she was reminded of all the times "Ghost" had shoved her, ignored her, or looked at other boy's asses. Silent tears began to drop down Farah's smooth, bronzed-skin face.

Not wanting to waste more tears on her cheating asshole of a boyfriend, Farah fixed her goggles and stormed out of the quiet library.

"D-did you hear that?" asked Albert Schweitzer nervously. It couldn't be the librarian because she was too busy reading fan fiction on Wattpad at her desk.

"No, it's probably just the wind you big baby," sneered "Ghost". But the voice in his head didn't sound so confident when he remembered the familiar pair of brown goggles propped up on a certain person's head.