Chapter 13: Schweitzer

Albert Schweitzer never liked swimming, nor did you care to learn how to. At a young age, his parents always knew their son was never the athletic type. So when he accidentally slid off the slippering dock, he could do nothing.

He quickly submerged in cold lake water, gurgling for breath. Albert Schweitzer thrashed around helplessly like a fish out of water or in this case, a human in water.

"H-help!" Albert Schweitzer tried to gasp out. No one seemed to notice him, only on what Albert Schweitzer could make out as a fight.

His head bobbed up and down out of the water, and each short breath of oxygen felt like a drug. But he was sinking deeper every moment. Albert Schweitzer tried to recall that one swimming lesson when he was six, but he couldn't remember more than his coach yelling at him to kick.

Hold on, kick? Yes! Albert Schweitzer flung his legs but it didn't change anything. In fact, it felt like he was going down even quicker. His head penetrated the water once more before he was fully flooded.

As he tried to breathe through his nose, a sharp pain hit Albert Schweitzer's throat and face. He wanted- no, he needed to breathe right now. Albert Schweitzer couldn't tell if tears or lake water were making his eyes sting.

His eyes fluttered tiredly as he made one last weak attempt to claw his way out of the water. And then nothing but void.

Perhaps this isn't such a horrible death, thought Albert Schweitzer. After all, he was with his friends and lover for the last moments of his life.

Then Albert Schweitzer had a dream. A dream where he saw his sweet Simon coming for him. A dream where he was saved and dragged out of the water by his prince. A dream where he was kissed softly one more time. A dream where he lived with friends cheering him. A dream where "Ghost" was shouting at him- wait, what?

"Wake up Schweitzer, goddamn it!" shouted an angry voice who also seemed to be shaking him.

Albert Schweitzer's olive green orbs were immediately blinded by rays of sunlight. That's strange considering it was raining. Or so he thought. The drops of water that were sprinkled onto his face tasted salty.

He blinked open his orbs a bit more to see "Ghost" hovering over him with tears streaming down his face.

"Oh thank the Queen of England!" cried out "Ghost" as more tears dripped down to Albert Schweitzer's face.

"Albert Schweitzer, you stupid bitch! How dare you make us worry about you!" screamed Albert Einstein as he shoved "Ghost" away to hug his friend.

"You're lucky your boyfriend knew CPR!" screeched Werner Heisenberg who also shoved people out of the way to hug Albert Schweitzer.

"I-I-I" spluttered Albert Schweitzer as he tried to cough up the water from his lungs. He burst into tears and hugged his two friends, which made them stop lecturing and yelling to comfort him.

The class gathered around them curiously and someone handed Albert Schweitzer a fuzzy towel. Their teacher, Mr. Alejandra Vargas, ripped through the crowd to pull the class into a smaller cabin- the infirmary.

Inside, "Ghost" rested on a bed while a nurse checked him for any injuries. Albert Schweitzer was pulled away by another nurse next to "Ghost". They smiled weakly at each other and let the doctors do their thing.

After the checkup, the other cabin counselors instructed the kids to return to the cabins early while Mr. Alejandra Vargas had a word with John Price. Albert Schweitzer fell back on his back as "Ghost" laid beside him.

"Crazy day, hm?" said "Ghost" softly, massaging Albert Schweitzer's wrinkly but smooth hand (he used a lot of moisturizers).

"Thanks for saving my life. I mean it, Simon," whispered Albert Schweitzer, "I love you."

"Ghost" blushed harshly, but he was glad his love wouldn't be able to see it in the dark. They fell asleep while holding hands.