Forty

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I am terrified by this dark thing that sleeps inside me

"I am terrified by this dark thing that sleeps inside me."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Eira

Eira

EIRA CESAIR HAD VENTURED INTO THE BOWELS of the House of Wind, to the library beneath it.

The House of Wind was vast. She'd known that. But she hadn't realized exactly how vast until she'd flung out her power for about the millionth time and had yet to find the way still. She'd even accidentally wandered into the kitchen.

After that, and certainly after stealing a few snacks, she'd went out again to venture through the maze of a House. Though, she still felt as though she was just wandering aimlessly.

After a while, she thought she might very well feel less lost in an unending desert.

It had taken her a good hour to finally find what she hoped-prayed-was the right way to go when she came across a carved, spiral staircase winding down into the mountain. She'd flung out her power again, searching for a bottom just to make sure she wouldn't be walking until she forgot which was up or down.

Her power bounced back.

A bottom.

Thank the Gods.

She could have cried out of sheer happiness. It was without an inch of hesitation, that she stepped down and onto the first step of the stairs. Hewned from that red stone the entirety of the house seemed to hail from.

Eira followed the stairs down and deep pointlessly. She wasn't naive enough not to assume she was deflecting. Looking for something to do rather than sit with her own thoughts and mull over her regrets of the day.

She didn't know what had come over her. Eira never-never shared. And certainly not with people she'd just met. Let alone telling them one of her deepest shames.