Baby

Short but sweet chapter

Since finishing couples therapy, Callie and I remained separated although still married, we began divorce proceedings but neither of us have pushed for it to happen. We knew we needed to focus on ourselves and create a happy life for our daughter. Every week the three of us have been spending one whole night together, we've had days out on the weekend and Callie and I have co parented perfectly. The divorce hasn't been mentioned for months now and while we are not together, we are a family unit and I don't think either of us are ready to move on from that.

"I found some paper work today, before I show you I want you to know that I had no idea about this but being open and honest has done us well this far and I don't want to hide this from you" Callie tells me. This makes me nervous, paper work that she hasn't seen, how could she not see it?. Callie hands me a letter addressed to Mark Sloan, Calliope Torres and Arizona Robbins, "it was in mark's belongings, I was looking for a picture for Sofia and this fell out". I slowly open the letter unsure what I was going to find. My eyes scan the wording printed on the letter.

As requested by Dr Mark Sloan. 12 samples of sperm have been frozen and are to be kept for Dr Calliope Torres and Dr Arizona Robbins. This is to be used only for the conception of their child together and not for either one to use with another partner.

I don't know why but I feel a tear escape from my eyes, I miss Mark so much. I wish he had gotten more time to be a dad to our baby girl, but he did this for us. He's given us the chance at having more children together, that are genetically related to Sofia. I didn't realise how much I was crying until I felt Callie's arms wrapped around me. "He wanted to give us the chance", she whispered between sobs, "he was a great dad to Sofia, he deserved more time with her" I replied pulling myself out of Callie's grasp and drying my tears. "Maybe we should... consider using it" Callie looked at me shocked. "I know I've been up and down with wanting children and I guess we all have our insecurities, I'm scared of miscarrying our child again, I still feel so much guilt of losing our baby, and after the plane crash I felt guilt that I couldn't be the best mom to Sofia because of my leg but I love being a mom, I love doing this whole mom thing with you and I know you want a really big family and.." I look at Callie who's jaw could hit the floor, "I did kinda promise you 10 kids" I say with a smirk. "B-but we don't have to, n-not because of t-this" Callie stutters. For the first time in a long time, I'm sure of what I want "it feels like a sign, from Mark telling us we are in a good place, and Sofia has been asking forever for a little brother or sister, maybe we should just give it a try?", I look at Callie who's still speechless so I close the gap between us and place my hand on the side of her face "I want this, I want a baby with you...and Mark" I said half laughing about wanting a baby with Mark. She laughed too. Without a second thought I closed the distance between us and placed my lips on hers, she froze but only for a split second before kissing me back. "Let's have a baby", I whispered with our foreheads still pressed together. "Let's have a baby" she smiled.