0.5

˚.꒷  🏙 𓏲࣪◜𖤐 ᝢ "you're still livin' in my head, leave me alone"

jonah and jennie sat in the front seats making their route. first stop was vegas. not that they wanted to stick around and gamble but the sights and food were amazing. with almost a four hour drive the group got settled in. the plan was to hit vegas, denver, dallas, little rock, st. louis, then chicago.

they are hoping to hit the ski hills in denver, visit zach's family in dallas, kayak in little rock, stay a few days in st. louis to visit the zoo and museums, then finally chicago to shop and hang out. on the way back to los angeles they will stop at yellowstone for a while.

jack wasn't pleased with having to be in a car for so long but everyone else didn't really care. jack pulled out his phone and began scrolling through instagram. unfortunately for him, he forgot to unfollow vanessa. he landed on her most recent post of that jackass who stole her from him and her. he was kissing her neck as they posed in the mirror. jack was washed over with many emotions, anger, nothingness, jealousy, and heartbreak. he shut his phone off as tears picked at the corners of his eyes.

he grabbed the pillow stuffed down by his feet in hopes of muffling his quiet sobs. he thought he caught reagan's attention but if he did she didn't show it. his face was buried into the cotton pillow case getting tear-stained when he felt sudden contact on his back. his brain quickly registered it as someone's hand rubbing circles on his mid back. it reminded him of vanessa. stop it brain! jack thought to himself. she was still in his head and he needed her out.

his heart broke every time he thought about her, which was all the time. where did he go wrong? he knew he couldn't fix it. and who knows if anything could ever fix him.

jack picked his head up to see reagan on her phone with her other arm stretched over rubbing his back. his wet cheeks flushed, feeling slightly enraged, what made her think she could just do that. her warm brown eyes quickly met his sharp glare.

"what the hell!" his voice was horse but load enough for her to hear. her eyes widened at his words.

"damn, i'm sorry" she said almost as a whisper as she pulled her hand away. with the warmth of her hand gone he shivered slightly pulling his hoodie sleeves over his trembling hands. not that he cared anyway.  he just went through the most traumatic experience emotionally and he now has to deal with someone he's never interacted with before stepping over personal boundaries. he could think of many reasons to hate her already. but something in the back of his mind kept saying that wasn't right. but soon he found a reason to justify it.

'because the right thing to do is take all your anger out on someone else after a heartbreak. they just have to understand. right. i'm sure that's how it works'

— this chapter is unedited, please excuse any grammar mistakes and typos. thank you